Here's what to serve with pork for a complete, delicious, and well-rounded meal that the entire family will enjoy! With so many tasty side dish options, there is something for everyone on this list! From macaroni and cheese to corn on the cob, you can't go wrong here!
Dishes That Go With Pork
I put together this list of all of my favorite side dishes to complete your pork dinner! Whether you're in the mood for some rolls, sweet potatoes, or even apples, I've got a recipe for you!
- Dishes That Go With Pork
- Side Dishes To Pair With Pork
- 1. Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 2. Baked Cinnamon Apples
- 3. Polenta
- 4. Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 5. Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
- 6. Butter Herb Rhodes Rolls
- 7. Loaded Baked Potato
- 8. Cornbread Stuffing
- 9. Green Bean Casserole From Scratch
- 10. Roasted Butternut Squash
- 11. Green Beans Almondine
- 12. Crockpot Apple Sauce
- 13. Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 14. Honey Glazed Carrots
- 15. Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
- 16. Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 17. Creamed Kale
- 18. Jiffy Corn Casserole
- 19. Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage
- 20. Zucchini Squash Casserole
- 21. Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 22. Cream Cheese Pasta
- 23. Creamed Corn
- 24. Smoked Baked Potatoes
- 25. Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 🐖 Tasty Pork Recipes
- 📋 Recipe
Side Dishes To Pair With Pork
Pork tastes great with practically anything! Go ahead and choose one (or two) of the recipes below to round out your family dinner!
If you love pork, make sure to take a look at some more side dish ideas for these specific pork entrees! Find out what to serve with pork ribs, stuffed pork chops, pork tenderloin, pulled pork, or pork chops!
1. Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This macaroni and cheese dish is packed with flavor and 3 gooey, melted kinds of cheese! You can also try out some Instant Pot mac and cheese, Velveeta mac and cheese, or white cheddar mac and cheese!
2. Baked Cinnamon Apples
Serve these tender and sweet apples over top of your favorite pork chops for a sweet and savory dish! Of course, you can always enjoy them as dessert too!
If you've never tried it, polenta has a mild corn flavor (considering it is made from cornmeal). It is creamy, delicious, and easy to make!
4. Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Is there anything that mashed potatoes don't pair fantastically with? This recipe features both cream cheese and bacon!
5. Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
These sweet potatoes have a crisp outside with a soft and fluffy inside. They only use a handful of ingredients for an incredibly easy, delicious, and nutritious side!
6. Butter Herb Rhodes Rolls
You can enjoy these fluffy and delicious rolls as an appetizer while you wait for your dinner to finish cooking, or go ahead and serve it right alongside your meal!
7. Loaded Baked Potato
Baked potatoes are a great hardy side that can easily be customized with all of your favorite toppings! They pair well with any meaty main, even pork!
8. Cornbread Stuffing
This cornbread stuffing uses cornbread as opposed to traditional stuffing bread. Add in some sauteed veggies and bacon for a show-stopping dish!
9. Green Bean Casserole From Scratch
We all know and love green bean casserole as a staple holiday side dish, but it is so easy to make that you can enjoy it all year long! This recipe uses fresh green beans, but you can always enjoy some Campbell's green bean casserole or bacon cheddar green bean casserole as well!
10. Roasted Butternut Squash
All you need is some squash, oil, salt, and pepper for this dish! You can enjoy this roasted butternut squash as-is or turn it into some delicious butternut squash soup!
11. Green Beans Almondine
This healthy veggie side dish will pair perfectly with any of your favorite pork recipes! It only uses a handful of ingredients and even a beginner can make it!
12. Crockpot Apple Sauce
Apples and pork make a wonderful flavor combination! You can serve this homemade applesauce as a side or simply smear it over the top of the meat!
13. Baked Cabbage Steaks
This recipe may be incredibly simple, but you are sure to be wowed by how tasty it is! Plus, it's totally healthy and will easily complete your meal!
14. Honey Glazed Carrots
Tender carrots are coated with brown sugar, honey, and seasonings for this amazingly delicious vegetable side! Serve it alongside your pork or go ahead and just dump it on top!
15. Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
Fork-tender potatoes are smothered in a creamy, cheesy sauce that is absolutely irresistible! Plus, using the Instant Pot makes them extra easy to make!
16. Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Tender potatoes are tossed with sour cream, cheese, and amazingly crispy bacon! Go ahead and pair these with your pork entree for a savory and hearty meal!
17. Creamed Kale
This rich, savory, and incredibly creamy side is a perfect complement to your pork dishes! Not to mention, it is a great way to add some greens to your plate!
Not a fan of kale? Take a look at my creamed spinach!
18. Jiffy Corn Casserole
With just 5 ingredients you can whip up this satisfyingly sweet-yet-savory side. A cornbread base is packed with creamed corn for a completely addicting dish that everyone will enjoy!
19. Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage
Eat this sweet and sour cabbage on the side or use it as a condiment for your pork! It is easy to make and really takes your meal to the next level!
20. Zucchini Squash Casserole
If you're wanting to add some squash to your plate but aren't sure how to make it- give this recipe a try! It utilizes both zucchini and yellow squash that are coated in a creamy sauce and then topped with breadcrumbs!
Check out more of my zucchini recipes here!
21. Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts
You can always enjoy some simple pan-seared brussel sprouts. However, this recipe incorporates both bacon and maple syrup for a sweet and savory treat!
22. Cream Cheese Pasta
Pork is so versatile, you can even enjoy it with some pasta! This pasta uses garlic, cream cheese, and Parmesan to make a wonderfully delicious sauce!
23. Creamed Corn
In just 15 minutes, you'll easily be able to whip up a batch of this delectable creamed corn! It's a perfect side dish for any last-minute meals or when you need to make something in a pinch.
24. Smoked Baked Potatoes
25. Grilled Corn on the Cob
If you're firing up the grill to make some grilled pork chops, go ahead and toss some ears of corn on there too! Not only are they tasty, but they are amazingly simple to make!
I hope this list of side dishes helped you complete your pork dinner! Leave a comment down below and let me know your favorite sides to pair with pork!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
🐖 Tasty Pork Recipes
- Pork Shoulder Butt Roast - This delectable roast is cooked in the oven until it is melt-in-your-mouth tender!
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork - Enjoy some flavorful and delicious pulled pork in just a fraction of the time compared to the slow cooker!
- Smoked Pork Belly - Pork belly is rubbed with a homemade pork rub and then cooked in the smoker.
- Pork Ribeye Roast - A tender roast is coated in a sweet and savory honey Dijon glaze.
- Baked BBQ Pork Rib Tips - These bite-sized pork tips feature both a dry rub and BBQ sauce for an irresistible flavor combination!
- Pork Belly Ramen - Pork belly, broth, and noodles make up this easy and satisfying dish!
What To Serve With Pork: Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes (+More Side Dishes To Make!)
- 2½ lbs russet potatoes (peeled)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened, at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ tablespoon chives (dried, or more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth (optional)
- Add your peeled russet potatoes into a large pot of salted water (or water and optional chicken broth) and bring it to a boil.2½ lbs russet potatoes, 2 cups chicken broth
- Boil your potatoes until they easily break apart with a fork (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, go ahead and add your cream cheese, butter, and milk into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the cream cheese has softened, whisk until the cream cheese and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth.4 oz cream cheese, 2 tablespoon butter, ¼ cup milk
- Next, add in the crumbled bacon, garlic powder, dried onion, chives, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and then reduce the heat to low.2 strips bacon, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ tablespoon dried minced onion, ½ tablespoon chives, ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- When the potatoes are done cooking, drain the water and return them to the pot.
- Use a potato ricer or potato masher to thoroughly mash up your potatoes, removing all of the lumps.
- Pour the cream cheese sauce over top of the mashed potatoes and stir until everything is well-combined.
- Serve immediately while warm.
- Anytime you make mashed potatoes, you should always salt the water with about 1 tablespoon of salt per pound of potatoes. This will help to preseason your potatoes so that the final dish is extra flavorful!
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth to the water that you use to boil the potatoes to add some extra flavor!
- Overmixing your potatoes can make them gummy and unsavory. Only mix until everything is just combined.
- To store: Place your leftover mashed potatoes into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Allow your potatoes to cool completely before placing them in a storage container and freezing for up to 2 months. Take a look at my guide for freezing mashed potatoes!
- To reheat: Place your mashed potatoes into a pot over low heat. Once warm, add a splash of cream or some butter. For more methods, take a look at my guide for reheating mashed potatoes.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!