This Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe will be your new go-to recipe for mashed potatoes! These mashed potatoes are so creamy. Roasted garlic adds a level of deliciousness, that there are never any leftovers.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
🥘 Ingredients For Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 8 large Red Potatoes (sliced, boiled, and drained)
- 4 tablespoon Butter (unsalted,½ stick)
- 6 cloves of Garlic (roasted garlic)
- 2 oz Cream Cheese (¼ of the standard 8 oz package)
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream (or milk)
- ¼ teaspoon each, Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped, reserve ½ for garnish)
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
🔪 How To Make Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
You will need roasted garlic for this recipe, if you don't have any see my post on how to make roasted garlic.
- To make these creamy mashed potatoes, start with washing and slicing your red potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender when forked, then drain them and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, roasted garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. (I use a hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients, but you can also mash them by hand.)
- Stir in half of the chopped parsley just before serving, then top off your creamy roasted garlic mashed potatoes with the second half of the chopped parsley when serving. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- To peel or not to peel? I like to leave the skin on, it adds color to my potatoes. Sometimes I peel half the potatoes to make them smoother and to spare myself from the little one complaining about them!
- What type of potatoes should you use? You can use whatever potato variety that you prefer or have on hand, they all work wonderfully. Remember the roasted garlic in this dish really adds something special.
🥔 More Great Potato Recipes
- Fried Potatoes & Onions
- Curry Roasted Potatoes
- Duck Fat Fried Potatoes
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup
- Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Boiled Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wash and prepare potatoes as desired (skin on, partially removed, or completely peeled).
- Cook and drain the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, roasted garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Mash by hand and combine all ingredients thoroughly, or use a hand mixer to cream everything together.
- Add ½ of the parsley and stir it in just before serving. Top with the 2nd half of parsley for garnish when serving, if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!