This Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe will be your new go-to recipe for mashed potatoes! These mashed potatoes are so creamy and roasted-garlic-delicious, that there are never any leftovers.
To make these creamy mashed potatoes, start with washing and slicing your red potatoes. I like to leave the skin on, it adds color to my potatoes (sometimes I peel half the potatoes to make them smoother and to spare myself from the little one complaining about them!). You can use whatever potato variety that you prefer or have on hand, they all work wonderfully 🙂
Boil the potatoes until they are tender when forked, then drain them and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, roasted garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. I used a hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients, but you can also mash them by hand. Stir in half of the chopped parsley just before serving, then top off your creamy roasted garlic mashed potatoes with the second half of the chopped parsley when serving. Enjoy!
Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 8 red potatoes (sliced, boiled, and drained)
- 4 Tbsp butter (½ stick)
- 6 cloves garlic (roasted)
- 2 oz cream cheese (¼ of the standard 8 oz package)
- ¼ c heavy cream (or milk)
- ¼ tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped, reserve ½ for garnish)
- Wash and prepare potatoes as desired (skin on, partially removed, or completely peeled).
- Cook and drain the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, roasted garlic, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Mash by hand and combine all ingredients thoroughly, or use a hand mixer to cream everything together.
- Add ½ of the parsley and stir it in just before serving. Top with the 2nd half of parsley for garnish when serving, if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!