Try these perfectly pan seared pork chops with light seasoning that are seared until golden and beautifully caramelized. This recipe results in tender juicy pork chops every time!
These pork chops are incredibly easy to make for a quick family meal any night of the week!
Tender and rich in flavor pork chops are just minutes away with this easy pan-seared method that results in perfect pork chops! You can use boneless pork chops, bone-in, or thick cut chops to make this meaty main dish!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Fast and easy. Done start to finish in under 15 minutes.
Makes perfect pork chops every-time! A simple sear with buttery richness.
Family favorite. Our family enjoys this so will yours!
My pan seared pork chops are seasoned lightly with only salt, pepper, and paprika (not only one of my favorite spices on pork and steak, but it also adds to the caramelization!) after being thinly coated with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Pork Chops
- Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
- Coat and season. Lightly coat both sides of your pork chops with the olive oil, then season with salt & pepper, and paprika.
- Heat the pan and add the pork chops. Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan or a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Place your seasoned pork chops into the frying pan or skillet once fully heated.
- Sear the first side of the pork chops. Cook on the first side for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely caramelized in color and the edges are no longer pink.
- Flip the chops, and sear the second side. Flip your pork chops to cook the other side.
- Spoon butter over your pork chops. While the pork chops are cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes on their second side, place the butter over the already cooked side. As the butter melts spoon it repeatedly over the chops.
- Temp the chops. Using a instant read temperature probe, check your pork chops to be sure that they reach 145°F (63°C).
- Remove from the pan. When golden browned and cooked to your desired temperature remove from the pan.
- Rest. Allow to rest 4 to 5 minutes before eating.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Don't crowd the pan. Only cook as many pork chops as can easily fit into the pan. (I usually do 2 at a time).
- Do not move the pork chops while cooking. To get a great sear leave them in one spot.
- A really hot pan. Be sure the pan is very hot for an excellent sear.
🍷 Drink Pairing
A Cabernet Sauvignon highlights much more than just the gamey rich flavors of our simple pork chops. It also happens that cheddar cheese is very easily paired with wines, and using sharp or aged cheddar like in this white cheddar mac and cheese makes delightful meal for all to enjoy any time or any season!
🐖 What To Serve With Pork Chops
- Try a nice and light Broccolini Salad.
- Crisp Oven Roasted Potatoes are a great side for seared pork chops.
- Sauteed Broccolini light and buttery.
- Red Skin Mashed Potatoes With Country Gravy!
Pan Seared Pork Chops
- Lightly coat both sides of your pork chops with the olive oil, then season with salt, pepper, and paprika.4 pork chops, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon paprika, each, salt & pepper
- Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan or a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Place seasoned pork chops into the frying pan or skillet once fully heated, only cooking as many pork chops as can easily fit into the pan (I usually do 2 at a time). Do not move the pork chops while cooking.
- Cook on the first side for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely caramelized in color and the edges are no longer pink. Flip the pork chops to cook the other side. While the pork chops are cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes on their second side, add the butter on top of the already cooked side. As the butter melts continue to spoon the melted butter over the chops.1 tablespoon butter
- Remove from the pan when golden browned and cooked to your desired temperature.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!