So much rich delicious goodness in one dish! My easy oven baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops served with a tangy, creamy lemon basil sauce have it all! Break up the 'usual' dinner routine with this spectacular pork dinner that will leave you wishing that you had made more!
Try my other fantastic pork dishes like balsamic glazed pork chops and honey garlic baked pork chops. My brown sugar dijon crusted pork roast is a wonderfully tasty weekend main dish, and my pork tenderloin with mushroom gravy is amazing!!
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops Recipe
These oven baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are paired so perfectly with this lemon basil sauce that they will become your new family favorite! Best of all, my Parmesan pork chops are a super easy pork chops recipe to make!
How To Make Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Start with preheating your oven to 350 ºF ( 175 ºC ) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the parchment paper, or spread it with a basting brush to coat your parchment paper evenly.
In a medium bowl or dish large enough to fit your pork chops into for coating, combine the Panko Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, then add it to your breadcrumb mixture. Use a fork to evenly distribute the melted butter. You should have a fine crumbly mixture when done.
Rinse the pork chops, but do not pat them dry. One at a time, place them in the bowl or dish containing the breading mixture and coat both sides evenly.
Transfer the breaded pork chops to your baking sheet. Arrange the pork chops with approximately 2 inch spacing between each pork chop.
Bake at 350 ºF ( 175 ºC ) for 16 - 18 minutes for boneless pork chops and 25 - 30 minutes for bone-in pork chops that are approximately ½ inch in thickness. Leave your pork chops uncovered while cooking in the oven.
Bake thin cut pork chops, approximately ¼ inch in thickness, for 12 - 15 minutes for boneless pork chops. Bake 16 - 20 minutes for thin cut, bone-in pork chops. Follow recommended internal meat temperature and rest time below.
Your pork chops should reach 145 ºF ( 63 ºC ) internal temperature as read by a digital meat thermometer when done. Remove from the oven when done.
Allow the Parmesan pork chops to rest for three minutes to finish cooking per USDA food safety guidelines.
How To Make Creamy Lemon Basil Sauce
While the pork chops are baking, melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add finely chopped garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 1 minute, stirring to prevent burning.
Add the chicken broth and heavy cream, then the Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped basil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and the juice from the zested lemon. Stir frequently and bring the sauce to a low boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer until the sauce thickens. If the lemon basil sauce thickens too much, add a bit of chicken broth to thin it back out to your desired consistency.
Serve the Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops over a portion of creamy roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Spoon the lemon sauce over both, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley ( optional ). I usually include steamed broccoli as a side to enjoy with the Lemon Basil Sauce. Enjoy!
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Lemon Basil Sauce
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 1 ½ cups Panko Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (or mix Panko & Italian seasoned breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika (or smoked paprika)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped, (optional) for garnish)
Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat the parchment paper with the 2 tablespoon of olive oil, drizzled or spread with a basting brush.
- Combine Panko Italian seasoned breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoon melted butter, then add the Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a bowl large enough to coat the pork chops in.
- Rinse the pork chops, do not pat dry. Set the pork chops, one at a time, into the breading mixture and coat evenly.
- Transfer to the olive oil coated parchment paper, arrange the pork chops by spacing them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 16-18 minutes for boneless pork chops and 25-30 minutes for bone-in pork chops that are approximately ½" thick. Thin cut pork chops will be done in 12-15 minutes for boneless pork chops and 16-20 minutes for bone-in pork chops.
Lemon Basil Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over medium high heat. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes, cooking for about 1 minute and stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, fresh chopped basil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and the juice from the lemon.
- Stir to combine and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until thickened, continue to stir frequently. If the sauce thickens too much, add some more chicken broth to thin it out.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!