Roast your Air Fryer Asparagus to perfection in just minutes, then serve up this easy vegetable side dish that the whole family will love! It only takes a few ingredients and is sure to be a new favorite method for cooking your asparagus!
Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe
I am always looking for ways to get my family to eat and ENJOY more vegetables and asparagus is one of my favorites! But - if not cooked correctly, asparagus can either be too firm or an unappetizing pile of green mush.
Roasting is absolutely the best way to cook any vegetable because the dry heat caramelizes the natural sugars and helps release the toasty sweetness. Asparagus is no exception, and using the air fryer to roast these tender stalks is even easier than the oven!
Your air fryer was made for cooking this tender, roasted asparagus!!
The asparagus comes out deliciously crispy on the ends, tender and not at all soggy, with vibrant green color! It is super quick and easy and roasted asparagus is an excellent complement to almost any entrée.
With only three ingredients (besides salt and pepper) you can cook up this yummy side dish on the fly any day of the week!
- Fresh Asparagus – Choose stalks that are firm, with the tips tightly closed. Larger asparagus stalks will be tougher, while slender stalks are tender.
- Olive Oil – I like extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor, however, coconut oil, avocado oil, or your favorite cooking oil can also be used.
- Salt & Pepper – To taste! You can try additional seasoning and herbs as well. Try fresh garlic, lemon juice, or red pepper flakes.
- Parmesan Cheese – This is optional, but the salty deliciousness makes the asparagus more kid-friendly!
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
Buttered - After roasting the asparagus in your air fryer, transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve.
Garlic Parmesan - In addition to tossing the raw asparagus with salt and pepper, add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese after air frying to perfection. Yum!
Balsamic - Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar when tossing the trimmed asparagus with your cooking oil. Season as usual and then roast in your air fryer.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Thicker asparagus may require a bit more cooking time, and thinner may need less. Watch any slim, thin bunches of asparagus more closely as they will likely finish quickly. Thicker pieces of asparagus will likely require the entire cooking time. Based on your preferences for how tender you like your asparagus, may need a few minutes more.
- There is a simple way to trim your asparagus when preparing it for air frying. Rinse the asparagus under cold water to remove any debris. Then, using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, trim the bottom of each spear. Be sure to remove the woody, whiteish-colored bottom part.
- It’s also easy to snap the ends off with your hands – the stalk should naturally break where the tough part of the spear begins. Compost or toss the ends and continue to prepare!
- Be careful not to crowd the air fryer basket or air fryer trays, as the air won’t be able to circulate as well.
🔪 How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus
Prep for air fryer roasted asparagus is done in 3 minutes or less! Wash and trim, then toss with oil and some seasoning, pop it into your air fryer basket, and cook!
- Preheat. Start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Prepare the asparagus. Wash the asparagus well and trim off the ends that are yellowish/white and woody, then pat dry.
- Drizzle with oil. Place the asparagus in a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Stir or toss to coat the asparagus with oil, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Air fry. Place the asparagus spears into the air fryer basket (or tray) then cook at 400°F (205°C) for 6-8 minutes.
- Garnish and serve. When the asparagus is crispy at the tips and the stalks are tender and bright green, remove from the air fryer and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese (optional) or top with some crumbled, crisped bacon.
However you choose to flavor it or spice it up, roasted asparagus in the air fryer is hands down the most delicious and easy way to prepare it! The end result is a tasty and very healthy snack or side dish for any day of the week.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
If you have any asparagus leftover, you can place it in an airtight, shallow container or wrapped tightly with heavy aluminum foil, or plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator. If stored properly, cooked asparagus will keep well refrigerated for 3-5 days.
Reheating Air Fryer Asparagus
It’s simple to reheat your roasted asparagus, but don’t use the microwave! The veggie will turn to mush! Instead, place under the oven broiler for a few minutes or use a toaster oven.
You can also simply put it back in the air fryer for about 3 minutes at 350°F (175°C), just until it’s heated through and a bit crispy.
😋 More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 lbs asparagus (washed and ends trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C)
- Wash and trim the ends off the asparagus, pat dry.1 lbs asparagus
- In a large bowl or plate, place the asparagus and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the asparagus in the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put the asparagus spears in the air fryer basket (or on trays) then close the air fryer and cook at 400°F (205°C) for 6-8 minutes.
- When the asparagus is done remove it from the air fryer and serve. (optional) Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled bacon.1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!