Easy homemade Shake And Bake Pork Chops are just minutes away with my tasty breadcrumb coating that will beat Shake N Bake any day! Your crispy breaded pork chop dinner will be on the table in just 30 minutes for a quick weeknight dinner that everyone loves!
Homemade Shake N Bake Pork Chops Are Better Than Store-Bought
Shake and Bake Pork Chops are a favorite of mine. So juicy and tender, seasoned to perfection, and coated with just the right amount of crunch, these flavorful chops are always appealing!
The simplicity of this dish makes it a no-brainer when it comes to prepping a weeknight meal, but the gourmet-level results are exquisite to serve as an elegant dinner for an at-home date night or for company.
Succulent as-is, so there’s no need for sauce, but I do enjoy a dip of sweet and sour sauce, crockpot applesauce, or honey barbeque when I want something with some punch. Even ketchup tastes great with these pork chops, so grab what you like and dig in!
What You'll Need
It doesn’t take much to whip up these shake and bake pork chops. Simple seasonings blend perfectly for a familiar comfort food flavor that hits the spot. There is no need to mess with perfection, so I stick to the instructions and the outcome never fails to impress.
- Pork Chops – Ask your butcher for their recommendation and be sure to get chops that are about the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Olive Oil – Adds a touch of flavor to every bite and helps keep the breading in place.
- Breadcrumbs (or Panko) – Panko results in a crispier pork chop, but both are equally delicious. Choose plain, not seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Cornmeal (optional) – Cornmeal gives a unique texture and some added “oomph.” In my opinion, when you run your cornmeal through a grinder (my coffee grinder works best) the resulting fine cornmeal gives the best DIY shake n bake pork chops!
- Salt & Pepper – Pump up the overall flavor and highlight all of the ingredients! Add more to taste.
- Paprika – A bit of zest to take the pork chops up a notch. Some smoked paprika is a fabulous addition, although regular paprika is wonderful as-is!
- Garlic Powder – Mellow but with its own unique flavor, you gotta have garlic.
- Onion Powder – Part of the familiar shake n bake flavor!
How to Make Shake N Bake Pork Chops
From start to finish, expect the process to take about a half-hour. You will have dinner as fast as it would take for a pizza to arrive! And aren’t pork chops so much better?
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (218ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the boneless or bone-in pork chops under lukewarm water, then pat them completely dry with paper towels.
- Brush the olive oil on all sides of all the pork chops.
- In a large ziploc or zip-top plastic storage bag add the breadcrumbs (or Panko), salt, pepper, paprika, the optional cornmeal, garlic powder, and onion powder. Close the bag securely and combine the ingredients by shaking the bag gently.
- Reopen the bag of breadcrumbs and seasonings, then place 1 pork chop in the bag at a time. Seal the bag leaving a bit of air in the bag so there's room to shake the coating.
- Next, shake gently to coat the breadcrumb and seasoning mixture over the entire pork chop until completely coated on all sides. Place the coated pork chop onto your parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat for each pork chop and leave space between each on the baking sheet. Toss the bag when you’re finished.
- Bake the pork chops in your preheated oven at 425ºF (218ºC) for approximately 20-25 minutes, until cooked through and the internal temperature is 145ºF (62ºC).
- Remove from the oven when done and serve immediately.
*Always discard your used breadcrumb mixture, do not try to store it in the refrigerator for later use.
You can pair these shake and bake pork chops with your favorite dipping sauces, my personal favorite, applesauce or fried cinnamon apples. These pork chops are also delicious with some creamed spinach or corn, twice-baked potatoes, roasted vegetables, or roasted carrots. Enjoy!
Storing Cooked Pork Chops
You can store any leftover shake and bake pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. They are best stored in a shallow container in a single layer.
Shake And Bake Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops (bone-in or boneless, approximately ½ inch in thickness)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumb (or Panko)
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal (optional)
- 2 tsp salt (table salt)
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked paprika is best)
- ¾ tsp celery salt
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the pork chops, then pat the pork chops with a paper towel until completely dry.
- Brush olive oil on both sides (all surfaces) of all the pork chops.
- In a large ziploc plastic storage bag add the bread crumbs, optional cornmeal, salt, paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and onion powder. Close the bag and mix the ingredients together by shaking the bag gently until well combined.
- Reopen the bag of breadcrumbs and seasoning, then place 1 pork chop in the bag at a time. Seal the bag leaving a bit of air in the bag.
- Next, shake gently to coat the mixture over the entire pork chop until coated on all sides. Place the coated pork chop onto your prepared baking sheet, leaving space between the pork chops. Repeat for each pork chop, then discard any remaining breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in your preheated oven at 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) for approximately 20-25 minutes, until cooked through and the internal temperature is 145 degrees F (62 degrees C). Remove from the oven when done and serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!