Not only is it super easy to cook Frozen Egg Rolls in an Air Fryer, but it also the very best way to get perfectly crisp egg rolls every time! In a matter of just minutes, your egg rolls are cooked to golden deliciousness and ready to enjoy!
The Most Perfect Frozen Egg Rolls Are Air Fried To Golden Crispiness.
Using my handy air fryer has been so much fun. When I need something fried, but I am not in the mood for all that grease, the air fryer’s magic is convenient and pretty cool. My food always comes out perfectly crispy, tasty, and with far less fat than I’d consume by deep frying or even pan frying in oil.
Let’s get going with these mouthwatering Air Fryer Egg Rolls. I love them for their exceptional crispy outside and warm and flavorful inside.
Serve the egg rolls with soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, spicy mustard, or duck sauce, and your appetizer is complete right after cooking. These are also great as party snacks and munching while watching movies.
It doesn’t take much to get these egg rolls on the table. My recipe makes 4 servings (one egg roll per serving), but feel free to multiply the recipe to feed more people or for those who can’t stop at just one! I know I can have two, no problem!
- Frozen Egg Rolls – Already made, store-bought, waiting for you to pop in the air fryer. Choose the brand you like best. I use Tai Pei brand pork egg rolls. There are vegetarian options at most grocery stores too.
- Dipping Sauce (optional) – I love to mix and match different sauces. Sweet, spicy, you name it.
- Green Onions (optional) – Add some color and fresh flavor as a gourmet garnish.
- Cooking Oil – For the machine and the egg rolls for air frying.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
Making these air fryer egg rolls is a cinch! The air fryer does all the work while you wait less than 15 minutes for your food to be hot and ready. They are great as a delicious starter for a Chinese meal, and everyone always loves when I make them.
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket and the 4 frozen egg rolls with oil using a pump-spray or pastry brush. You do not have to defrost the egg rolls before cooking. The air fryer will heat them through and through directly from frozen.
- Air fry the egg rolls at 340 degrees F (170 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Turn them over on their other side and cook for an additional 5 minutes for evenness. They should be a nice golden brown and look crispy-crunchy. *If you like your air fryer egg rolls extra crispy (my personal preference), increase the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Be sure to check on them so they don’t burn. That would be a bummer.
- Remove the egg rolls from the air fryer and serve immediately with your sauce of dipping choice. Duck sauce is my usual go-to but sometimes I crave that spicy mustard even more.
If desired, garnish your plate with chopped green onions. Serve with some of my fantastically tasty Panda Express recipes and enjoy!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Storing Cooked Egg Rolls
It's a rare occasion that there would be any egg rolls leftover, but if you have some, wrap them in plastic wrap or foil. Place the wrapped spring rolls into an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Cooked egg rolls can also be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. To freeze your egg rolls, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and transfer them into your freezer.
The egg rolls should be frozen in about 4 hours. Transfer your frozen egg rolls into a freezer storage container or bag and return them to the freezer for later use.
Reheating Cooked Egg Rolls
To reheat your egg rolls and keep them as crispy as possible, the best method is to return them to your air fryer. Use the same temperatures in the recipe card below and heat for 4-5 minutes, or until warmed to your satisfaction.
The next best method is to heat a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat with a light coating of oil. Place the egg rolls into the heated pan in a single layer with spacing between each roll. Turn as needed and heat until warmed through completely.
You can also re-heat cooked egg rolls in your oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 10 minutes. Or microwave in short 30-second increments, although with this method you will lose the 'crispness' of the wrapper.
Frozen Egg Rolls Air Fryer
- 4 frozen egg rolls
- dipping sauce (optional)
- green onions (optional)
- Lightly coat your air fryer basket and the 4 egg rolls with oil using a pump-spray or brushing the oil on with a pastry brush.
- Air fry the egg rolls at 340 degrees F (170 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Turn the egg rolls and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- For extra crispy egg rolls, you can increase the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and cook for an extra 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the egg rolls from your air fryer and serve with the accompanying sauce, soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, hot mustard, or duck sauce. Garnish with cut green onions if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!