Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets are quite simply the best chicken nuggets when you're talking about super easy chicken nuggets that turn out wonderfully crispy! The fact that these chicken nuggets turn out perfectly in just minutes is a big bonus too!
Crispy Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
Using my air fryer has become an obsession! I'm loving it! I just can’t get enough of how easy it is to use and how delicious the food comes out! No matter what I make, from air fryer yellow squash to waffle fries or even an air fryer whole roasted chicken!
One of my weekday go-to dishes for a quick lunch is these air fryer frozen chicken nuggets. When I make them in the air fryer, they come out nice and crispy on the outside and super juicy inside. And since I don’t have to add any extra oil, they are never gooey or greasy.
It's a practically effortless way to get the kids fed quickly! So, let’s get to it. Who’s in the mood for chicken nuggets?
Making them in the air fryer is so much better than getting fast food nuggets at the drive-thru. They are piping hot, fresh, and flavorful!
What You’ll Need
Nothing like keeping it simple! All you need is your chicken nuggets and your fave dipping sauce - and likely your favorite fries too!
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets (approximately 5-6 nuggets per serving) – If you are feeding a hungry crowd, simply get more. They get gobbled up in no time. Use veggie nuggets if you are vegetarian or vegan.
- Sauce(s) of choice – I love BBQ sauce, sweet and sour sauce, and honey mustard. Chicken nuggets also taste great with ketchup or hot sauce. I have been known to dip them in my homemade ranch dressing too!
How to Cook Frozen Chicken Nuggets in an Air Fryer
This recipe is a cinch. In less than 15 minutes, you will have four tasty servings of air fryer frozen chicken nuggets to enjoy. Served with a dipping sauce of your choice, they always hit the spot!
- Remove the frozen chicken nuggets from the packaging and portion out how many you want to make.
- Put the frozen chicken nuggets into the air fryer basket or onto the air fryer trays. You won’t need any oil for this recipe and you do not have to wait until they are thawed out before cooking. If you start to run out of space, your chicken nuggets can overlap a bit.
- Air fry the frozen chicken nuggets for 10 - 12 minutes at 400ºF ( 205ºC ). If you are making veggie nuggets, they should only take 6 - 8 minutes to cook. You can flip the nuggets halfway through cooking, but it is not necessary, as they should cook evenly without flipping. If you like your nuggets extra crispy, cook for 1 - 2 more minutes for that crunch.
- Remove the nuggets from the air fryer and serve hot with dipping sauces. Yum!
Air Fryer Tips: Remember when using your air fryer to refrain from spraying the device with aerosolized cooking spray. While this recipe does not call for any oil, for those that do, use a pastry brush or paper towel to apply the oil as directed. Also, my make and model of an air fryer is probably different than yours, so follow the directions on your machine and use my cooking time as a reference point. Always keep an eye on what you are cooking!
Storing Cooked Chicken Nuggets
Once the cooked chicken nuggets are fully cooled, they can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 -3 days. However, frozen and then cooked chicken nuggets ( like these ) are best used within the first 1 - 2 days.
To reheat and for best results when reheating, simply return your chicken nuggets to the air fryer. Use the same cooking temperature as directed below in the recipe card, and heat until the nuggets are warmed completely. This typically only takes 4 - 5 minutes at most.
You can also reheat your leftover chicken nuggets in the oven. Place the chicken nuggets onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and heat them at 400ºF ( 205ºC ) for right about 10 minutes.
Reheating in the microwave tends to make your chicken nuggets, umm, rubbery. So if you can, opt for air fryer or oven re-heating. If you're in a hurry, use high power and heat for 1 minute then in 30-second increments until the chicken nuggets are warmed to your liking.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 24 frozen chicken nuggets (approximately 5-6 nuggets per serving)
- Portion out your desired amount of chicken nuggets from the packaging.
- Place the frozen chicken nuggets into your air fryer basket or onto the air fryer trays. *Do not thaw. A little overlapping is okay. No oil is necessary.
- Air fry your frozen chicken nuggets at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes, veggie nuggets for 6-8 minutes. While you don't need to flip the nuggets at the halfway point, I'm a creature of habit and prefer to do so. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes for extra crispy nuggets.
- Remove the air fried chicken nuggets and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!