It's so easy to cook your Waffle Fries In An Air Fryer to golden perfection, you'll never go back to deep frying! You won't want to throw them in the oven again either! This is a fast and practically effortless way to enjoy your waffle fries without using any oil!
Air Fried Golden Waffle Cut Fries For The Perfect Snack
Who doesn’t love French fries? Crisp, hot, and (usually) greasy, they always hit the spot! The trouble is that they’re not exactly healthy food. But you already knew that.
All that changes when you make fries in an air fryer. And I happen to love waffle fries made this way. Not only are they fun to eat thanks to their unique shape and texture, but the oil content is drastically slashed when I make them in the air fryer. Believe me, they are just as good as fast food fries - even better!
Whether you make waffle fries as a side dish with burgers or air fryer hot dogs, have them for a mid-day (or midnight) snack, or even serve them with eggs and sausage for breakfast in place of hash browns, they are delicious!
What You’ll Need
This one is a quickie! That's just a part of what makes using the air fryer such a joy. Plus, we will be using store-bought frozen waffle cut fries, so there is virtually no prep time!
- Frozen Waffle Fries – Use your favorite brand of ready-to-cook waffle fries with no need to thaw them. This should serve about 4 people (or 2 hungry ones!).
- Salt & Pepper – To taste. You can also whip out whatever other seasonings you enjoy, such as paprika, garlic salt, or garlic powder.
How to Make Air Fryer Waffle Fries
This won’t take long, so time your burgers, sandwiches, or hot dogs accordingly. Get ready for some fresh fries in a flash!
- Arrange the frozen waffle-cut fries in an even layer in your air fryer basket or on the air fryer trays. Overlapping them is okay if you run out of room, and no oil is needed for this recipe.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes, tossing or flipping the waffle fries at the halfway point in your cooking time. Cook for an additional 1-3 minutes for extra crispy waffle fries.
Note: For larger batches, after the initial cook time, it is easier to crisp up your waffle fries by finishing them in smaller batches. Remove half of the fries and crisp up each batch for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the waffle fries from the air fryer and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve piping hot with ketchup or whatever condiment you like. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Tips: Before you get started, know that the cooking time may vary depending upon the make and model of your air fryer, so use my instructions below as a guide but keep an eye on your fries. Also, using aerosolized cooking sprays to coat your air fryer basket or trays can damage the coating, so use a spray bottle or a pastry brush to coat them with oil instead, although this particular recipe doesn’t call for oil.
Storing Air-Fried Waffle Fries
Not that having leftover waffle fries happens often, but if you do, transfer the fries into an airtight container. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days, however, your best re-heating results will be within the first 1-2 days.
You can freeze the fries in an airtight container for up to 10 months, or longer when stored properly in an airtight container, freezer storage bag, or wrapped tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil. However, your re-frozen cooked waffle fries are best used within the first 10 months.
Reheating Leftover Waffle Fries
Reheat your waffle fries by returning them to the air fryer using the same temperature that you cooked them at in the recipe card below. For refrigerated waffle fries, allow the fries to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before reheating.
For frozen waffle fries, cook them as they are, no need to thaw. Heat for 6 minutes, tossing halfway then continue until they are nice and toasty if needed.
Waffle Fries In Air Fryer
- 1 lb frozen waffle cut fries
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Arrange the frozen waffle-cut fries in an even layer in your air fryer basket or on the air fryer trays. *Overlapping is okay, and no oil is needed.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes, tossing or flipping at the halfway point in your cooking time. Cook for an additional 1-3 minutes for extra crispy waffle fries.
- Remove from your air fryer and season with salt and pepper if desired, then serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!