These simple air fryer Shake & Bake pork chops are a breeze to make - prep the chops, shake to coat, then pop into your air fryer for a dinner everyone loves! They're ridiculously crispy on the outside, and superbly juicy inside for the best pork chops ever!
The easiest, quickest, and tastiest pork dinner - air fryer Shake N Bake pork chops!
When you can find a recipe that is not only simple but offers a ton of flavor from only a few ingredients, you have a real winner! These air fryer Shake & Bake pork chops are a perfect example!
Pork chops, Shake & Bake, and olive oil – that’s all you need. Shake N Bake is a ready-to-use seasoned breadcrumb coating that gives you a ton of taste. Plus, you get the perfect mix of a crunchy outside and juicy inside all from one ingredient!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Super Easy! Not only is the prep easy on these tasty pork chops, but the actual cooking too! The air fryer does all the work and cuts the extra time and clean-up of baking or frying the pork chops.
So Tasty! If you like fried chicken, but want a healthier and equally tasty option, you will love these pork chops. The crunchy outside seals in the juiciness of the pork chop making for a perfect main dish.
It's Versatile! You can build so many amazing meals around these simple pork chops. They are great for a simple dinner in the middle of the week with a quick side veggie, or you can dress them up with potatoes and gravy for a nice family meal at the end of the week.
Olive oil and Shake N Bake are great ingredients to have in your pantry – you can use them for several different recipes. I also like to keep pork chops in my freezer so that I can make a quick dinner whenever needed!
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
- 1 pound Pork Chops (approximately 4 pork chops that are each 1” thick) – Bone in and boneless pork chops both work for this recipe. Bone in meat is often a bit juicier than boneless, but boneless are often easier to cook with - both are delicious!
- 1 cup Shake & Bake Pork – Shake and Bake is a brand of seasoned Panko used to coat the pork. You can purchase it at the store or make your own using my simple recipe.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil – Using extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in this dish adds additional flavor to the recipe.
Can’t find pork chops? Look for a Pork Loin Round! If you can’t find boneless pork loin chops in your grocery store you can create your own.
Look for a 1 ½ to 2-pound boneless pork loin in the butcher section of the grocery store. These will usually be in an oval shape.
Place the pork loin on a cutting board and begin at one end, about 1 inch in from the end. Slice it as if you were slicing a loaf of bread.
Your butcher will happily cut this for you as well!
These pork chops only take 12-15 minutes to cook. To make sure you can enjoy them hot out of the air fryer, compare the cooking time on your side dishes.
- Preheat. Set your air fryer to 400°F (205°C) while you prep the pork chops.
- Prepare pork chops. Rinse and pat dry your 1-pound of pork chops (approximately 4 pork chops). Brush a small amount of olive oil over both sides of the chops. *I like to measure and pour the tablespoon of oil into a little dish and then use a basting brush to coat the pork chops. If you don’t have a basting brush, you can drizzle the oil over the pork chops and use the back of the spoon to spread it out.
- Coat pork chops. Put 1 cup or 1 packet of Shake N Bake mix into a plastic bag, individually place each pork chop into the bag, twist the bag to seal, and shake to coat.
- Air fry. Place seasoned pork chops into the air fryer and bake at 400°F (205°C) for 12-15 minutes. Be sure to flip about halfway through the cooking time, about 6-8 minutes. Pork chops are done when they reach 145°F (63°C)
- Serve. Remove from the basket and transfer to a plate or serving platter. Cover loosely with a square of aluminum foil and allow the pork chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Both are super easy, and the flavors will compliment the pork chops. Enjoy!
💭 Tips & Notes
- Bake instead of air fry. See my homemade shake and bake pork chops for traditional oven baked instructions.
- Avoid the temptation to try and shake multiple pork chops at once. It’s important to give each pork chop its own turn in the shake and bake bag to get evenly coated! If you find yourself without a plastic bag, just grab a plastic container with a lid. Place the Shake and Bake in the container, place one pork chop, put the lid on – make sure it’s sealed – and shake!
- Coat your air fryer basket with oil from a spritz bottle or mister. Aerosol-based non-stick sprays damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer basket. If you don't have a spritz bottle or mister, simply brush oil on using a pastry brush or use a paper towel instead.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Breaded pork chops taste best freshly made because the breading can dry out during reheating. This doesn’t mean you can’t reheat them though! They will still be tasty and make great options for a quick lunch or dinner during the week.
To save leftover pork chops, store them in an airtight container or portion them out into individual containers to take for lunches. You can store the pork chops in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 stays.
If you are eating at home, reheat these pork chops in the air fryer. This is the best method to get crispy results and it's super easy too! Just pop them back in the air fryer at 375°F to reheat and keep that yummy crunch!
If you are not at home, you can reheat these in the microwave. They will not have the same crunch as when you originally made them but will still be tasty!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Shake & Bake Pork Chops
- 1 lbs pork chops (boneless or bone in, approximately 1'' thick - 4 pork chops)
- 1 cup shake & bake pork breaded mix (store bought or use my homemade recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Rinse and pat dry your pork chops. Brush a small amount of olive oil over both sides of the chops.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 lbs pork chops
- Put shake and bake mix into a plastic bag, individually place each pork chop into the bag, twist the bag to seal, and shake to coat.1 cup shake & bake pork breaded mix
- Place seasoned pork chops into the air fryer and air fry at 400°F (205°C) for 12 to 15 minutes. Be sure to flip after 6-8 minutes of cooking time. Pork chops are done when they reach 145°F (63°C) and the juices run clear.
- Remove from basket, allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
- Lightly coat with the olive oil before applying the breading mix for extra crispy chops.
- Be sure to flip about halfway through the cooking time.
- Only place pork chops in a single layer. (You may have to work in batches.)
- Cook until golden, white meat throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!