These chunks of air fryer pork belly are rich and tender on the inside with a perfectly seasoned crispy outside and they require no oil! The pork belly is cut into bite-sized pieces and then seasoned with an incredibly delicious pork seasoning before the air fryer cooks them to perfection!
Easy Air Fryer Pork Belly
Usually fried pork belly are a greasy, oily mess to make, but not if you fry them in your air fryer! In fact, it requires absolutely NO oil!
Fair warning though, these crispy little morsels are incredibly addicting!
You really just need 2 ingredients for this air-fried pork belly, but the 2 optional ingredients make them extra tasty. If you use a very sweet BBQ sauce you may not want the added brown sugar, just use your judgment!
- Pork Belly - 1 ½ pounds from a pork belly slab or strip.
- Pork Seasoning - See recipe or use your own.
- BBQ Sauce (optional) - 1 tablespoon of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Light Brown Sugar (optional) - 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
This entire recipe is super easy because your air fryer will do all the heavy lifting for you! In addition to the air fryer, you will want a mixing bowl, cutting board, and knife.
- Preheat. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Season. Pat the 1 ½ pounds of pork belly dry with paper towels and cut them into 1-inch squares. Toss the pork belly cubes with 1 tablespoon of pork seasoning in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly coated.
- Place in air fryer. Arrange the seasoned pork belly chunks in a single layer in the basket of the preheated air fryer. Do your best to leave some room for air to circulate between them.
- Fry. Air fry the pork belly cubes for 18-20 minutes or until they reach your desired level of crispy. Every 6 minutes or so, you should open the basket and toss or turn them for even crisping. *See optional step below for adding the optional bbq sauce & brown sugar.
- Toss (optional). Toss or brush the air fried pork belly with 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce, turning the pieces so all sides are coated. Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar over them. Finish air frying for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve. Remove your air fryer crispy pork belly immediately and serve.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Don't cook pork belly from frozen. Thaw frozen pork belly overnight in the fridge so that it holds its shape when slicing into cubes.
- If you want extra crispy, preheat! Preheating your air fryer is usually left up to personal preference. However, in the case of some air fryer recipes (like this pork belly) it is best to preheat the air fryer for the crispiest results.
- You can squeeze a lot of pork belly in 1 air fryer. A slightly 'crammed' single layer is OK, as the pork belly cooks it will shrink in overall size. Your air fryer will then be able to thoroughly cook each bit, and on each side.
- Storing: Store fully cooked pork belly in an airtight container lined with paper towels in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat pork belly, if desired, by popping them in the air fryer at 350°F (175°C) for 4-5 minutes.
😋 More Air Fryer Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Drumsticks
- Pork Steaks
- Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Duck Legs
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Filet Mignon
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Air Fryer Pork Belly
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C).
- Pat your pork belly dry using paper towels, then cut into 1-inch squares (from a slab pork belly or pork belly strips). Toss the cubed pork belly with pork seasoning in a medium mixing bowl until thoroughly coated.1 ½ lbs pork belly, 1 tablespoon pork seasoning
- Arrange the seasoned pork belly cubes in a single layer in your preheated air fryer basket, trying to leave some space for air to circulate.
- Air fry the pork belly bites for 18-20 minutes, or until crisped to your desired level. Toss or turn every 6 minutes for even crisping. *See optional step below for adding the optional bbq sauce & brown sugar.
- (Optional) Toss the air fried pork belly and brush bbq sauce over each, turning to coat all sides. Sprinkle crumbled light brown sugar over the pork belly bites, then finish cooking for 3-4 minutes.¼ cup bbq sauce, 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Remove your air fryer crispy pork belly immediately and serve.
- Thaw frozen pork belly overnight in the fridge so that it holds its shape when slicing into cubes.
- Preheating your air fryer is typically an optional step and up to your own preferences. However, in the case of some air fryer recipes (like this pork belly) it is best to preheat the air fryer. This will help to ensure that you get the best crispy results.
- A slightly 'crammed' single layer is OK, as the pork belly cooks it will shrink in overall size. Your air fryer will then be able to thoroughly cook each bit, and on each side.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!