This 20-minute air fryer pigs in a blanket recipe combines savory Little Smokies sausages and buttery crescent rolls to make an easy snack! The air fryer is the fastest way to make this classic appetizer that is perfect for potlucks, barbecues, and parties!
Make these easy air fryer pigs in a blanket any time you want a simple, tasty appetizer!
Juicy, savory sausage wrapped up in buttery, crispy crescent roll dough is a classic flavor combo that never fails to please. Making this recipe in the air fryer takes it up a notch because they’re perfectly cooked in just a few minutes!
If you’re getting ready for a barbecue or potluck and are uncertain of what to bring, air fryer pigs in a blanket are an easy solution. They’re a great way to pull together a last-minute dish for any occasion!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Ridiculously Easy! Whip up a batch of pigs in a blanket in just under 20 minutes!
Super Tasty! Using Little Smokies sausages means the pigs in a blanket are loaded with mouthwateringly savory, smoky flavor!
Perfect for Any Occasion! No matter where you’re bringing these pigs in a blanket, they’re going to be a hit!
Little Smokies sausages are ideal because they are full of flavor! However, in a bind, you can use hotdogs or sausages that are cut into similarly sized pieces.
- 1 can Crescent Rolls – Fluffy, buttery crescent rolls like the Pillsbury brand are perfect for this recipe!
- 24 Little Smokies Sausages – These delicious little sausages are classic for pigs in a blanket. This is about ½ of a 12-ounce package of Little Smokies sausages.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
A pizza cutter helps to perfectly cut the crescent roll dough into strips! You can also use a knife or kitchen scissors, but a pizza cutter is the best tool for the job.
- Assemble pigs in a blanket. First, preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Then, using 1 can of crescent rolls and 24 Little Smokies (or about ½ of a package), cut each dough triangle into 3 even strips with a pizza cutter and wrap each strip around a sausage.
- Prepare air fryer. Once your air fryer has preheated, place a sheet of parchment paper in the air fryer basket and lay approximately 9 wrapped sausages, or as many that fit in a single layer on top (you will need to work in batches).
- Air fry pigs in a blanket. Next, air fry the pigs in a blanket for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden and completely cooked through. Repeat with remaining batches until all are thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately with your preferred dipping sauces!
This recipe is so simple, it’s easy to make multiple batches when you need to feed a crowd. I love to make a spread with a few of my other easy finger foods like crockpot grape jelly meatballs and pinwheel sandwiches! Enjoy!
💭 Tips & Notes
- Be sure to preheat the air fryer! That’s the key to getting the perfect golden-brown crescent roll crust, so be sure not to skip that step!
- You’ll have to make this recipe in batches. But remember that your second and third batches (until all of the pigs in a blanket are cooked) will cook faster than the first batch.
- Serve with your favorite sauces! Mustard, BBQ sauce, ketchup, cheese sauce, or even Thousand Island dressing all make for amazing dippers!
- Don’t like crescent roll dough? You can also use thawed puff pastry that’s cut into even strips to wrap around the sausages!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Store the cooled pigs in a blanket in an airtight container or storage bag for up to 5 to 7 days.
Pigs in a blanket can be kept in a heavy-duty freezer storage bag and frozen for up to 3 months. You won’t need to thaw them prior to reheating but add 1 to 2 minutes to the total cook time.
Reheating Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C), then add a sheet of parchment paper and arrange leftovers in a single layer. Air fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly warmed through!
😋 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 24 Little Smokies sausages
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Then cut each crescent roll triangle into 3 even strips with a pizza cutter and wrap each strip around a sausage.1 can crescent rolls, 24 Little Smokies sausages
- Once your air fryer has preheated, place a sheet of parchment paper in the basket and lay approximately 9 wrapped sausages in a single layer on top (you will need to work in batches).
- Air fry the pigs in a blanket for 5-6 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden and completely cooked through. Repeat with remaining batches. Serve right away with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Pre-heating your air fryer is important to getting the perfect golden-brown crescent roll crust, so be sure not to skip that step!
- Remember that your 2nd and 3rd batch (until all of the pigs in a blanket are cooked) will cook faster than your first batch.
- Pigs in a blanket can be kept in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 3 months. You do not need to thaw them prior to cooking, but you will need to add 1-2 minutes to the total cook time.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!