Air fryer BBQ Little Smokies are a faster version of the classic party appetizer that’s coated in BBQ sauce and a touch of brown sugar! I cook these tasty little sausages right in the air fryer, so they cook up plump and juicy in just a few minutes!
These air fryer BBQ Little Smokies are an amazing appetizer with the perfect mix of sweet & savory!
Little Smokies are a game day, potluck, and cocktail party favorite! These classic mini sausages are full of that savory, smoky flavor that everyone loves.
They’re slathered in sticky sweet BBQ sauce and cooked again until the sauce is perfectly caramelized. These BBQ Little Smokies are just so easy!
When you make them in the air fryer, they take no time at all, so you can make them right before the party! This recipe is the perfect appetizer for busy folks but tastes like you’ve spent all day.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
The Easiest Appetizer! These easy-to-make, tasty little sausages are done in just 15 minutes!
Incredibly Flavorful! Little Smokies are already so tasty on their own! Coat them with BBQ sauce and brown sugar and they’re addictively delicious!
Perfect Finger Food! These sausages are finger-lickin’ good! Serve with toothpicks or serve a portion and dive right in!
My air fryer BBQ Little Smokies use classic Little Smokies sausages! I recommend using these, but in a pinch, you can slice up a good smoked sausage, like kielbasa.
- 12 ounces Little Smokies Sausages – This is equal to one standard package of Little Smokies! You can also use turkey Little Smokies, if preferred!
- ¼ BBQ Sauce – Use your favorite brand of BBQ sauce or make your own recipe!
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar – Topping the Little Smokies with a touch of brown sugar makes them extra sticky and caramelized!
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
I use an air fryer to quickly cook these BBQ Little Smokies because it gets the sausages perfectly cooked and slightly crisp on the outside! If you don’t have an air fryer you can use your oven, especially if you have a convection setting.
- Air fry the cocktail wieners. Start by placing 12 ounces of Little Smokies sausages in your air fryer basket and cook at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes, or until completely heated through.
- Glaze with BBQ sauce. Once the 5 minutes are up, toss or flip the Little Smokies. Then, brush ¼ cup of BBQ sauce over the sausages and then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top of the sauced cocktail sausages.
- Caramelize sausages. After the Little Smokies are glazed with BBQ sauce, place them back in the air fryer and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until the sugar is caramelized. Then, remove them from your air fryer and serve immediately when done.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Use toothpicks to serve as finger food! For the convenience of serving, you can place a toothpick into each sausage before serving.
- You can double this recipe if you’re feeding a crowd! This recipe makes about 8 servings, at 5 sausages each! The nutritional information for each serving will vary according to what BBQ sauce you use.
- Oil your air fryer before using for easy cleanup! Brush the air fryer basket with a small amount of olive oil or vegetable oil before adding the sausages so the caramelized sugar is easier to clean!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Store the cooled BBQ Little Smokies in an airtight container or storage bag for about 3 to 5 days for the best quality!
Transfer the cooled sausages to an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer storage bag. Label and freeze for up to 3 months for the freshest quality.
Thaw the sausages in your fridge the night before serving.
Reheating Air Fryer BBQ Little Smokies
Place the Little Smokies in your air fryer basket and cook at 350°F (175°C) for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are fully warmed and the BBQ sauce is bubbling.
😋 More Great Party Appetizers!
- Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Little Smokies Pigs In A Blanket
- Rotel Dip
- Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Charcuterie Board
Air Fryer BBQ Little Smokies
- 12 oz Little Smokies sausages (1 12-ounce package)
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Place the Little Smokies sausages in your air fryer basket and cook at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes.12 oz Little Smokies sausages
- Once the 5 minutes are up, shake or flip the Little Smokies. Brush the BBQ sauce over them and then sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the sauced cocktail sausages.¼ cup BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Cook for 3-5 more minutes so the sugar can caramelize.
- Remove from your air fryer and serve immediately when done.
- A serving is 5 Little Smokies.
- Stick a toothpick in each sausage for convenience if serving as finger food.
- Nutrition information is approximate as values may change depending on the brand of BBQ sauce used.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!