This flavorful and easy to make Roasted Vegetable Medley is the perfect vegetable side dish for your chicken, pork, or beef dinners! The colorful assortment of veggies can be cooked until tender, or crispy and caramelized. Whichever way you like them best!
Roasted Vegetable Medley Recipe
There’s one thing most moms are always trying to do, and that’s figuring out how to get their kids to eat more vegetables! That’s one of the reasons that I love these easy roasted vegetables, they’re colorful and fun looking, and they work as finger food too!
If you have a garden of your own growing, it’s also a big help to have your kids help to grow and harvest your vegetables. They were a part of the process, and if you let them toss these veggies once prepared you might actually have a night where your kids eat more on their plate. I love win-win situations!!
The flavor of fresh herbs in this vegetable side dish is spectacular, when available, but dried herbs work ( almost ) just as well!
How To Make Roasted Vegetable Medley
Preheat your oven to 400ºF ( 205ºC ) and wash, peel and prep your vegetables as directed. Prepare your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, if desired. *Some argue that your vegetables roast better directly on the baking sheet, I prefer the ease of cleanup that the parchment paper provides.
Once prepped, set your brussel sprouts, carrots, parsnips, beets and finely minced garlic on the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary for seasoning, then toss to coat all of the vegetables. Spread the vegetable medley on your baking sheet so that they can roast evenly. *Piled up vegetables will steam, rather than roast, while cooking.
Place the baking sheet with vegetables in the oven and roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until they are tender when forked. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Cooking Times for Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Bake at 375ºF ( 190ºC ) for 30-35 minutes for tender, caramelized vegetables
- Bake at 400ºF ( 205ºC ) for 40-45 minutes for crispy, tender and caramelized vegetables
- Bake at 425ºF ( 218ºC ) for 25-30 minutes for crispy roasted vegetables
- Bake at 450ºF ( 232ºC ) for 15-25 minutes for extra crispy roasted vegetables
This easy oven roasted vegetables dish is perfect for using up vegetables that have been sitting in the fridge too long! Add your favorites in by cutting them approximately the same size, or adding a few minutes after the longer cooking veggies have already started roasting!
Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 1 lb brussel sprouts (washed, trimmed and halved)
- 3 large carrots (washed, peeled (optional), and cut into 2 inch long strips - halved or quartered depending on thickness)
- 2 large parsnips (washed, peeled (optional), and cut into 2 inch long strips - halved or quartered depending on thickness)
- 3 whole beets (washed and trimmed, halved and then cut into bite size chunks)
- 1 Tbsp garlic (finely minced or thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tsp thyme (fresh or dried thyme)
- 1 tsp rosemary (fresh or dried rosemary)
- 1/2 tsp each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, if desired.
- Wash and prep vegetables (brussel sprouts, carrots, parsnips, beets, and garlic), then place them onto your prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and add seasoning (salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary). Toss until evenly coated with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) or until the vegetables are tender when forked and they have reached your desired level of tenderness. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!