These quick weekday breakfasts are just what you need to whip up an easy meal before a busy day at school or work! From microwavable eggs to air fryer pancakes, these recipes will have breakfast on the table in no time, so you can get out the door! There are even a few options you can prepare the night before!
Easy Weekday Breakfast Ideas
When it comes to busy weekday mornings, finding time to prepare and enjoy a healthy breakfast can be a challenge. However, a nutritious morning meal is important for providing the energy and focus needed to start the day off right!
Don't skip breakfast. Instead, give some of these super quick weekday breakfast recipes a try! They are easy to make, only require a few ingredients, and of course, they taste delicious!
- Easy Weekday Breakfast Ideas
- 1. Air Fryer Pancakes
- 2. Microwave Bacon
- 3. Breakfast Quesadilla
- 4. Overnight Oats with Yogurt
- 5. Overnight French Toast Bake
- 6. Microwave Omelet
- 7. Microwave Scrambled Eggs
- 8. Huevos Rancheros
- 9. Air Fryer Frozen French Toast Sticks
- 10. Bisquick Waffles
- 11. Ham Steaks
- 12. Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs
- 13. Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 14. Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 15. Ham Egg Cups
- 😋 More Weekday Meal Ideas
- 📋 Recipe
- Quick Weekday Breakfasts: Air Fryer Pancakes (+More Easy Recipes!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- Equipment You May Need
- 💬 Comments
1. Air Fryer Pancakes
Air fryer pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast option that can be made in just a few minutes! Just add the batter to your air fryer and let it do all the work!
The pancakes come out perfectly golden and fluffy on the inside. They're just as good as stovetop pancakes, but in half the time!
2. Microwave Bacon
You can make perfectly crisp bacon in minutes with your microwave. There's no popping grease, no need to flip them, and there's just one plate to wash when you're done!
Air fryer bacon is also a great option if you prefer your air fryer to the microwave.
3. Breakfast Quesadilla
You can whip up a satisfying breakfast quesadilla in almost no time at all. These are fully loaded with eggs, cheese, bacon, and hashbrowns in every bite!
Serve them with a side of salsa for dipping, and enjoy!
4. Overnight Oats with Yogurt
Overnight oats are a quick grab-and-go breakfast you can completely customize. You can even take it to work with you in the jar when you're running late!
Add oatmeal, yogurt, milk, and your favorite oatmeal toppings to a jar with a lid the night before and pop it in the fridge. By the time you wake up, breakfast is ready!
5. Overnight French Toast Bake
If you're craving French toast but don't have time in the morning, you can prep everything the night before! The bread soaks up the egg mixture overnight, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning.
This makes plenty of French toast for the whole family. All you have to do is add your favorite toppings!
6. Microwave Omelet
A protein-packed 3-egg omelet is a delicious and nutritious way to get the day started. Simply beat eggs with milk, add cheese, ham, or your favorite omelet ingredients, and pop it in the microwave.
The omelet will come out perfectly cooked with lots of gooey melted cheese to enjoy.
7. Microwave Scrambled Eggs
If you aren't feeling a whole omelet, you can still whip up fluffy scrambled eggs in the microwave. It takes only 5 minutes from start to finish!
This is also a great shortcut for making breakfast quesadillas or any other breakfast food that could use some eggs.
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
8. Huevos Rancheros
Just because you don't have a lot of time, it doesn't mean you can't have a lot of flavor! Huevos rancheros is a quick and easy Mexican breakfast favorite consisting of warm salsa and eggs served with flour tortillas.
Plus, you have complete control over how spicy or not spicy your huevos rancheros are.
9. Air Fryer Frozen French Toast Sticks
If you have a favorite brand of frozen French toast sticks, they will have never tasted better than when you cook them in your air fryer! They come out slightly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and are ready to eat in minutes.
10. Bisquick Waffles
Utilize this classic baking mix to make homemade waffles even faster! Simply combine Bisquick mix with milk and eggs, and cook in a waffle iron for fluffy and delicious waffles.
Don't forget to add your favorite waffle toppings and some maple syrup!
11. Ham Steaks
Ham steaks are a super quick and easy way to add some meat to your breakfast, and the leftovers can be diced up and used the next day! All you need is some ham steaks, butter, light brown sugar, and about 15 minutes of time.
12. Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs
Adding sour cream to your scrambled eggs is a great way to make regular scrambled eggs taste gourmet! You can even mix in some grated cheddar cheese and chopped fresh chives for extra flavor.
13. Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
The store-bought tubes of cinnamon rolls taste lightyears better when cooked in the air fryer. Just pop them in for a few minutes, and cover them with icing when they come out! Voila, perfectly cooked cinnamon rolls in no time.
You could also give my kid-approved air fryer cinnamon roll bites a try!
14. Sheet Pan Pancakes
Whether you need to feed a lot of people or you want to make extra pancakes for later, sheet pan pancakes are the way to go. It's essentially one giant pancake baked in a sheet pan, so there's no flipping or fussing required.
Slice your pancake into squares and refrigerate or freeze the extras for later!
15. Ham Egg Cups
You can whip up half a dozen or more of these cheesy ham egg cups in about 30 minutes. Just line the divots in a muffin tin with pieces of deli ham, fill them with cheese, crack an egg in each one, and bake!
With these recipes, cooking breakfast on busy weekdays is a breeze! Come back and let me know how everything turns out in the comment section below!
😋 More Weekday Meal Ideas
- Monday Night Dinner Ideas - Start your week off right with a delicious and easy-to-prepare dinner!
- Tuesday Night Dinner Ideas - Take a break from the usual routine and try something new and exciting for dinner this Tuesday!
- Wednesday Night Dinner Ideas - Hump Day just got a whole lot better with these quick and tasty dinner ideas that are perfect for busy weeknights.
- Thursday Night Dinner Ideas - Enjoy these family-favorite dinner recipes that are easy to prepare after work!
- Friday Night Dinner Ideas - Kick off the weekend with a mouth-watering dinner that is sure to please everyone in the family!
- Saturday Night Dinner Ideas - Whether you're cooking for a crowd or enjoying a cozy night in, these Saturday night dinner ideas are sure to hit the spot!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Quick Weekday Breakfasts: Air Fryer Pancakes (+More Easy Recipes!)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or maple syrup, or honey)
- 3½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 3 tablespoon butter (melted and cooled)
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift together your all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar (if you are using honey or syrup instead of sugar, wait to add them alongside the wet ingredients).1½ cups all-purpose flour, 3½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar
- Make a well or indention in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the milk, beaten egg, and melted butter (and syrup or honey if using instead of sugar) and whisk it all together. It's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy, but avoid overmixing it. Set it aside and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.1¼ cups milk, 1 large egg, 3 tablespoon butter
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C) and spray the mini 6-inch cake pans (or 6-inch aluminum pie tins) with baking or non-stick cooking spray.
- Portion the pancake batter into your prepared pans or tins using a ¼ cup scoop. Use the back of the scoop to spread the batter, then tamp the dish down on your counter to finish evenly spreading the batter.
- Air fry the pancakes for 5-8 minutes each, one at a time. The pancakes should be golden brown on the top and shouldn't be doughy underneath.
- Use silicone tongs to carefully grab the edge of your dish and lift to remove the pancakes. Set the next one in your air fryer basket and repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve warm with your favorite pancake toppings.
Equipment You May Need
- You can swap the sugar for maple syrup or honey to add some extra flavor! It's a wonderful added bonus, especially when you're going to be serving them with syrup anyways!
- For a dairy-free version, replace the milk with your preferred dairy-free milk alternative. I recommend using almond milk or soy milk for the best flavor. Go ahead and swap the butter for coconut oil, too!
- If you have a large enough liquid measuring cup, you can whisk together the wet ingredients before adding them to the dry ingredients.
- Avoid overmixing the pancake batter, as it will make your pancakes dense. Check out my guide on fluffy pancakes!
- Make sure to let your batter rest! It needs to sit for 15 minutes to yield the best (and tastiest) pancakes!
- To really up the flavor, add in a dash of allspice, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or apple pie spice!
- Yields 8 6-inch pancakes.
- To store: Let your leftover pancakes cool and then place them into a storage container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- To freeze: Wrap your cooled pancakes in plastic wrap and then place them into a storage bag. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Take your pancakes out of the fridge or freezer (no need to defrost them) and pop them into the toaster for a quick and simple breakfast. If they were frozen, just add an extra 30-60 seconds.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
Thanks for coming! Let me know what you think: