If you are wondering how to make pancakes fluffier, there are a few tips and tricks I've learned that I'd love to share! These easy pancake tips don't take much extra time, and will help you make the softest, fluffiest pancakes imaginable! So don't wait, check out how to make pancakes fluffier and up your flapjack game today!
How To Make Fluffy Pancakes
Making pancakes from scratch is a fun, easy way to create a delicious breakfast for your family. But if you want to take your pancakes to the next level, there are a few things you can do to make them even fluffier and more delicious than ever.
In this post, I'll show you how to make pancakes fluffier using a few simple tricks. So let's get started! By following these tips, you'll be able to turn out fluffy pancakes every time.
Having pancakes? Check out my breakfast ideas post for tons of things you can serve up with your fluffy flapjacks!
Tip #1 Sift For Smoother Batter
Sift the dry ingredients. This will ensure that there are no lumps in your batter and will help the pancakes to rise evenly.
Tip #2 Don't Use Milk
Use buttermilk or yogurt instead of milk for a richer flavor and fluffier texture.
Tip #3 Beat Those Egg Whites
Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff before folding them into the batter. This will add volume and lift to the pancakes.
Tip #4 Don't Overmix
Be careful not to over-mix the batter. Once the wet and dry ingredients are combined, stop mixing and let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking.
Tip #5 Use A Pan That Is Preheated
Use a griddle or frying pan that is preheated to the correct temperature. Too hot and the pancakes will brown too quickly, too low and they won't cook through properly.
Tip #6 Let Your Batter Rest
Rest your batter for 15 minutes on the counter before cooking. This resting time lets the gluten in the flour 'relax' and the starch grains to swell, leading to fluffier flapjacks!
Summing Up How To Make Pancakes Fluffier
If you want to make the perfect pancakes, just follow these simple tips above.
Be sure to sift the dry ingredients, use buttermilk or yogurt instead of milk, separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff, use a griddle or frying pan that is preheated to the correct temperature, and rest your batter for 15 minutes.
With these tips, you'll be making the lightest and fluffiest pancakes in no time!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
How To Make Pancakes Fluffier
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, beaten eggs, and melted butter - along with optional vanilla extract or maple syrup.2 cups all-purpose flour, ⅓ cup confectioners sugar, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 cups buttermilk, 2 large eggs, ¼ cup butter, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple syrup
- Combine your pancake batter by pouring the wet mixture into the dry mixture, then stirring just enough to incorporate all of the ingredients into a lumpy batter. Do not over-mix. Once combined, set aside for 15 minutes on the counter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, skillet, or griddle to medium (to medium-low) heat, then use vegetable oil and a basting brush to evenly coat the cooking surface.
- Scoop or ladle the mixture onto the heated skillet or griddle in heaping ¼ cup scoop portions. Cook each pancake until both sides are golden brown, flipping the pancakes when the bubbles on the surface are burst.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrups, fruit, or toppings.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!