All of your breakfast favorites are in this fun cheesy Ham Egg Cups! These are so quick and easy to make and fun for kids too!! Just add everything in layers (ham, cheese, eggs) and let these breakfast cups bake in the oven.
Hands down these are one of my favorite baked egg breakfast cups! I love the combination of eggs, ham and cheese anyway. It's like having a bite size version of my favorite omelet!
They're absolutely a must-have breakfast recipe for those busy mornings when the family is low on time and running in all directions. Plus they're a low carb, healthy breakfast to start your day with!
The ham and cheese egg cups are made in convenient snacking size by placing sliced deli ham in the muffin cups of a muffin tin. They bake into the perfect 'cup' or 'basket' for your favorite egg breakfast flavor combinations!
If you love your eggs scrambled, the eggs can be mixed in a bowl before pouring into the cups of ham. Then top off the cheese with your scrambled eggs, and continue with seasoning and baking your baked ham and egg cups!
There's a ton of options for adding your favorite flavors! You can either include those ingredients baked in the ham cups, or reserve them for topping the ham and egg cups once cooked.
How to Make Ham Egg Cups
- Start with preheating your oven to 350 ºF (175 ºC) and butter or coat your muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray. This is important! Otherwise your baked ham and egg cups won't want to come out of the muffin tin.
- Gather the basic ingredients: ham slices, grated cheddar cheese, and eggs, as well as any desired seasoning (optional - salt and pepper, paprika, and parsley are pictured here).
- Place one ham slice into each muffin cup. Let the ham fall into the muffin tin, then press down and around the bottom edges, folding the ham slice as necessary to fit it in.
- Use your favorite cheese and place inside the 'basket' made out of a ham slice. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese (or monterey jack, pepper jack, colby, or Swiss) on the bottom, or off to one side as I like to do.
- Next, crack one whole egg on top of each ham and cheese cups, then add seasoning on top. Bake your cheesy ham and egg baskets for about 30 minutes for eggs that are fully cooked. They won't 'jiggle' any more but will still have a nice, soft yolk.
- Use a butter knife to pop the baskets out of the muffin tin after allowing them to cool for about 5 minutes. Next, enjoy having finger food for breakfast!
*Fantastic stir-ins would be bacon, green onion or chives, diced tomatoes, spinach, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, hashbrowns or small cubed potato chunks.
**If you have silicone muffin cups, these can also be microwaved for 60-90 seconds for a super fast breakfast!!
Storing & Freezing Your Ham Egg Cups
Store the baked ham egg cups in an air tight container in the refrigerator (once fully cooled). They will last for 3-4 days but are best when used within 2-3 days.
The cheesy ham cups can be wrapped individually in plastic cling film, then stored in a freezer storage bag. They are best used within 1 month of freezing.
To reheat your ham and egg cups, heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds (if refrigerated or thawed) and 2-3 minutes (if frozen).
📖 Recipe Card
Ham Egg Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and butter or coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ham slices in the muffin pan, making a cup or basket shape. You may have to fold the ham slice a bit on the sides.
- Use your favorite cheese and stuff some down inside a ‘basket’ made out of a ham slice (you may have to fold it a bit) and placed into a muffin tin. Sprinkle shredded cheese on the bottom, or off to one side as I like to do.
- Next, place one whole egg on top of each basket of ham and cheese and add seasoning on top. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika (top with optional parsley, if desired).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until the eggs are completely cooked, allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Once cooled, use a butter knife to clear around the edges and pop each ham egg cup out.
Storing & Freezing Your Ham Egg CupsStore the baked ham egg cups in an air tight container in the refrigerator (once fully cooled). They will last for 3-4 days but are best when used within 2-3 days. The cheesy ham cups can be wrapped individually in plastic cling film, then stored in a freezer storage bag. They are best used within 1 month of freezing. To reheat your ham and egg cups, heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds (if refrigerated or thawed) and 2-3 minutes (if frozen).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!