Leftover Prime Rib Recipes is my specialty! Use up that amazing leftover prime rib with my huge list of recipes to make! If you're like me, you don't do anything halfway especially when we're talking about portions of unbelievably delicious prime rib (or standing rib roast)! I always have more leftovers than I thought I would, and that's a great thing when you have all of these wonderful leftover recipe ideas!!
Best Leftover Prime Rib Recipes
From tasty recipes for breakfast and lunch on Christmas Day to fabulous leftover prime rib roast recipes for more special family meals later in Christmas week or after special occasion prime rib dinners.
Of course, all of these recipes work just as wonderfully for leftover roast beef, leftover pot roast, or leftover steak portions! So if you're wondering what to do with your prime rib leftovers, here's your answer!
Simple ideas to turn into amazing leftover dinners, sides, and appetizers!
- Best Leftover Prime Rib Recipes
- 1. Stroganoff (Prime Stroganoff)
- 2. Tacos (Carne Asada)
- 3. Soup (Prime Rib Beef and Barley Soup)
- 4. Breakfast Hash
- 5. Chili
- 6. Quesadillas
- 7. French Dip Sandwich
- 8. Philly Melt Sandwich
- 9. Prime Rib Pasta
- 10. Burritos
- 11. Tostadas
- 12. Ragu
- 13. Stuffed Peppers
- 14. Breakfast Burritos
- 15. Taquitos
- 16. Stuffed Mushrooms
- 17. Fried Rice
- 18. Mongolian Beef
- 19. Crispy Orange Beef
- 20. Sandwich
- 21. Prime Rib Soup
- 22. Prime Rib Eggs Benedict
- 23. Leftover Prime Rib Pot Pie
- 📋 Recipe
- Leftover Prime Rib Recipes: Prime Rib Fried Rice (+More Great Ideas!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- Equipment You May Need
- 💬 Comments
1. Stroganoff (Prime Stroganoff)
Deliciously creamy beef stroganoff made with prime rib leftovers for tender chunks of perfectly roasted beef studded throughout this amazing pasta recipe! The original leftover stroganoff recipe is still the best and is totally worth every moment you have to wait during the quick cook time!
2. Tacos (Carne Asada)
This super easy street taco style recipe is a wonderful way to use up your leftover prime rib and really let the flavors shine! They're super simple to make and you can add all of your family's favorite taco toppings to these quick prime tacos! With the addition of my pico de gallo, or guacamole makes these tacos out of this world!
3. Soup (Prime Rib Beef and Barley Soup)
Rich and hearty are truly an understatement when talking about the amazing flavors in this prime rib soup! It's a great meal to get started on the oven while busy with any remaining holiday visitors. Plus, they'll be super impressed with this beefy soup for either lunch or dinner!
4. Breakfast Hash
Are you ready for the best day-after-Christmas breakfast ever?! Take a few minutes to chop your prime rib leftovers and some potatoes to get this better-than-restaurant quality breakfast started! Your family will love this hearty hash so much it may become a holiday tradition!
This hearty steakhouse chili is a super easy-to-make dinner that makes great use of your holiday leftovers! Tender pieces of medium-rare prime rib take your classic comfort food chili to an absolutely tasty luxury meal!!
Talk about a crowd-pleasing way to really enjoy the deliciousness of your perfectly roasted prime rib! These quick and easy quesadillas are the perfect family meal for after the holiday cooking!
7. French Dip Sandwich
A classic use of prime rib is layering tender pieces of your prime rib roast on a toasted sandwich with or without melted cheesy goodness to round out the sandwich! Serve them with my fantastic red wine prime rib au jus to use up any leftover jus too!
8. Philly Melt Sandwich
Amazing flavors loaded onto a toasted sandwich roll with tender prime rib, peppers, and onions, and topped with melted cheese!
9. Prime Rib Pasta
This super easy 20-minute skillet dinner is an amazingly flavorful way to use up your prime rib roast leftovers, leftover beef au jus, and fat trimmings! It's such an easy dinner to make and really lets the prime rib shine as the star of the meal!
What can I say?! I love Mexican food, yum!! You're sure to love these fully loaded prime rib burritos as much as I do! Whether you choose to grill your burritos or not, they're fantastic and absolutely addictive!
It was late summer in 2020 and I was totally on a Mexican week theme with my prime rib leftovers! Who can blame me?! These easy-to-make tostadas are fun and crazy delicious!!
My bite-size version here is a fantastic finger food appetizer, or make your homemade tostada shells with bigger tortillas. Either way, everyone will agree that this is your best idea ever!
Another fabulous prime rib pasta entree that's worth every minute of the wait! This elevated prime rib version of the classic Italian ragu alla bolognese is tasty, hearty, and a crowd-pleasing family meal!
Simmer this delicious sauce to perfection, add your tender pieces of prime rib leftovers, then serve over broad noodles. Don't forget the freshly grated Parmesan cheese to top this meal off perfectly!
13. Stuffed Peppers
Sweet bell peppers stuffed with leftovers, what's not to love?! Lots of shredded cheese tops these delicious peppers off perfectly!
14. Breakfast Burritos
After a big day of cooking, enjoy a hearty breakfast that utilizes your tasty prime rib in a flavorful hand-held meal! Add your favorite fillings and tender, medium-rare prime rib for a breakfast everyone will love!
Crispy, fried prime rib taquitos are an appetizer that's sure to impress! The shredded beef can be from your roast or steak, either way, it's a delicious snack, appetizer, or dinner!
16. Stuffed Mushrooms
A great dinner entree or appetizer! Mushrooms and beef go together hand and hand! Serve with any prime rib au jus from your roast dinner for a filling meal!
17. Fried Rice
Enjoy this easy Asian classic with a hearty prime rib twist! Serve it up with one of my amazing entrees below for a full takeout-style prime rib dinner!
18. Mongolian Beef
Upgrade your standard Mongolian beef with amazingly tender pieces of prime rib! The well-loved Chinese takeout sauce pairs deliciously with any leftover beef roast or steak too!
19. Crispy Orange Beef
This amazingly tasty Chinese food classic will knock your socks off! The leftover prime rib is put to perfect use here!
This has got to be one of the most-used purposes for any leftover prime rib! Prime rib sandwiches can take a little bit of leftovers and make several servings to please the whole family!
Save any creamy horseradish sauce from Christmas dinner to slather onto your tasty sandwiches the next day. Yum!
21. Prime Rib Soup
A delightfully tasty prime rib soup that's easy to make! Make your homemade beef stock using those standing rib roast bones for a truly beefy flavor.
22. Prime Rib Eggs Benedict
Another great upgrade to a classic recipe incorporates your tender medium-rare prime rib into an eggs benedict breakfast!
The combination of flavorful beef, runny egg, and savory hollandaise sauce on an English muffin is truly a treat you don't want to miss out on!
23. Leftover Prime Rib Pot Pie
Beef up a classic dish with your holiday prime rib leftovers! Mix the strips, chunks, or cubes into a hearty beef gravy with some standard pot pie veggies and top with leftover mashed potatoes for a new family fave!
Make sure to check back as I am always adding more amazing ways to use up your prime rib leftovers! More amazing leftover meals coming for Christmas 2022. They're so delicious you can call them 'planned-overs'!
Leftover Prime Rib Recipes: Prime Rib Fried Rice (+More Great Ideas!)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or preferred vegetable oil)
- 1 large egg (at room temperature, beaten)
- 2 cups cooked white rice (a long grain white rice is best, cooled)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ⅓ cup peas and carrots (frozen mix, thawed)
- 1 cup prime rib roast (chopped or diced)
- ½ teaspoon sesame seed oil
- ½ tablespoon green onion (optional garnish, sliced)
- Bring your wok with the peanut oil to high heat. Once the oil is starting to smoke, add the beaten egg directly in the center of the oil. Stir vigorously while breaking up the egg as it cooks in the hot oil (about 1 minute).1 tablespoon peanut oil, 1 large egg
- Break the rice apart before adding to your wok or frying pan. The add the fully cooled, cooked long grain white rice into the wok.2 cups cooked white rice
- Stir the soy sauce into the fried rice and eggs. Next, add the thawed peas and carrots mixture (I prefer to warm my frozen mixed peas n carrots before adding them) along with the chopped or diced prime rib leftovers. Stir to mix them into the fried rice.2 tablespoon soy sauce, ⅓ cup peas and carrots, 1 cup prime rib roast
- Finish the fried rice off by tossing with a drizzle of sesame seed oil and sprinkling the sliced green onion into the fried rice (or just on top as garnish when serving, if desired). Stir and serve immediately.½ teaspoon sesame seed oil, ½ tablespoon green onion
Equipment You May Need
- Rinsing your rice prior to cooking will help to ensure that you don't have clumpy fried rice.
- Leftover, chilled white rice works best.
- To use freshly cooked rice in a hurry, cook the rice then spread it on a baking sheet to cool quickly.
- Use medium to long grain rice. Do not use short grain rice or Minute Rice. Jasmine rice is my favorite.
- A wok with searing hot oil is best! If you don't have a wok, a large skillet, frying pan, or Dutch oven will also work.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
The Stroganoff recipe is outstanding! I followed the recipe with the exception of: substituted onion for shallots and reduced Worcestershire to 1 T. Incredible flavors and a hit with my family. TY