One of the easiest ways to enjoy a tasty meal made from your holiday prime rib roast is to serve some delicious Leftover Prime Rib Tacos! These quick and easy carne asada tacos are loaded with tasty chunks of beef and topped with pico de gallo and queso fresco for the perfect street style taco!
My family loves to top off pan-seared chunked pieces of leftover prime rib beef with some fresh pico de gallo, a side of creamy guacamole, and served on top some of my soft and warm homemade flour tortillas! Of course, you can use whatever tortillas you have on hand to make this even easier!
Combine your sliced leftover roast meat with your favorite taco seasoning, some fresh lime juice, and cilantro to make these super tasty prime rib carne asada street-style tacos! I prefer to let the prime rib beef flavor shine through in this dinner meal, so I keep the taco seasoning and extras down to a minimum.
If you’re like me, you’ll agree that re-heated leftover prime rib beef roast on its own just isn’t the same succulent roast as it was when just cooked. So I like to get creative and use up all of our leftover prime rib in a fantastic variety of ways!
Everything from spicing it up in these quick and easy steak tacos, to a long slow simmer in my amazingly rich and hearty beef barley soup, to an unbelievable breakfast hash, and of course, the original leftover prime rib stroganoff.
What to do with Leftover Prime Rib Roast??
Enjoy some of my other fantastic leftover prime rib recipe ideas including the wildly popular recipes for Leftover Prime Rib Beef Stroganoff or the post-Christmas breakfast dish, Leftover Prime Rib Hash, the rich and heart Leftover Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms, and our easy to make Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich.
You can see all of my recipes for prime rib leftovers on the index page here!
Do I have to Use Prime Rib Leftovers?
Definitely not! Leftovers from steak, pot roast leftovers, or from a roast beef dinner can all be used interchangeably in this recipe and all of my wonderful prime rib leftover recipes!
Leftover Prime Rib Recipes
- Leftover Prime Rib Hash
- Leftover Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup with Mushrooms
- Leftover Prime Rib Tacos (this page)
- Leftover Prime Rib Dip Sandwich
Leftover Prime Rib Tacos
- 1 tsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 lb prime rib roast ((see recipe) leftovers, chopped into bite size chunks or strips)
- 2 limes (sliced into wedges, 1 1/2 limes for squeezing into the cooking meat - 1/2 lime sliced into smaller wedges for serving)
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- 6 flour tortillas (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- Bring a large skillet or frying pan with olive oil to medium high heat. Pan sear the chunked pieces of leftover prime rib roast with fresh squeezed lime juice and taco seasoning, stirring occasionally for about 4-5 minutes or until all of the prime rib meat is heated through.
- *You may need to add a bit of water to keep the meat moist after adding the taco seasoning (slowly add water in tablespoon amounts).
- Heat your tortillas (if desired) and add shredded cheese mix, then top with pan seared prime rib taco meat and pico de gallo. Serve with lime wedges and creamy guacamole on the side.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!