Here's what to serve with pizza so that you can transform your ordinary pizza night into a well-rounded, tasty dinner! This list of 13+ delicious ideas all pair perfectly with any kind of pizza! From wings to salads, I have a recipe for it all!
Best Appetizers & Sides For Pizza
Many times pizza is a lone dish, but it doesn't have to be! For the ultimate pizza party, consider adding on some additional appetizers or sides.
Here is a list of the best recipes to complement your favorite slice of pizza. No matter what you are looking for, I guarantee that I have a dish you will love!
- Best Appetizers & Sides For Pizza
- 1. Baked Chicken Wings
- 2. Greek Pasta Salad
- 3. Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- 4. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- 5. Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 6. Caesar Salad
- 7. Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 8. Baked Zucchini Fries
- 9. Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- 10. Southern Coleslaw
- 11. Fried String Cheese Mozzarella Sticks
- 12. Fresh Fruit Salad
- 13. Air Fryer Frozen Mac & Cheese Bites
- 💡 More 'What To Serve' Collections
- 📖 Recipe Card
- What To Serve With Pizza: Baked Chicken Wings (+Other Tasty Ideas!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
1. Baked Chicken Wings
Wings and pizza are a match made in heaven! There is not a more iconic or classic combination out there.
These baked chicken wings are made in the oven to save you the hassle of dealing with a messy fryer.
2. Greek Pasta Salad
Pasta salad is always a popular choice for enjoying with pizza! The delicious veggies and Greek dressing make for a refreshing and satisfying side dish!
It is simple and easy to whip up. All of your guests are going to enjoy it!
3. Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
These poppers are delightfully crispy, spicy, and cheesy! Using the air fryer makes them cooked perfectly in a minimal amount of time.
Just grab your favorite brand of frozen jalapeno poppers and you are ready to get started!
4. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Soup is a great appetizer for almost any dish! This tomato basil soup is rich, creamy, and completely addicting!
You can serve it with your pizza or alongside it for some tasty dipping. This is a combination that can't go wrong!
5. Spinach Artichoke Dip
This delicious dip is a crowd-pleaser! It is perfect for any type of hangout, party, or get-together (just like pizza!)
It's the perfect dip to snack on while you wait for the pizza to arrive! For an extra twist, dip your pizza straight into it!
6. Caesar Salad
Caesar salad is a fantastic option for anyone who wants an appetizer that is on the lighter and healthier side. It is a great contrast for the indulgently cheesy pizza!
7. Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Potato salad is incredibly filling and perfect for feeding a larger crowd! You won't need to buy as many pizzas to satisfy your hungry guests!
This potato salad includes all of the best toppings. Plus, it is great for any occasion!
8. Baked Zucchini Fries
You are already getting all of the calories you need from your pizza. So add on these zucchini fries for a low-cal side option!
The bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese add on an irresistible flavor. You won't be able to eat just one!
9. Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
Onion rings are always a crowd-pleaser, even for people that don't like onions! The fried and crispy coating is completely irresistible.
As if it couldn't get any better, these onion rings are ready to eat in a matter of minutes!
10. Southern Coleslaw
This crisp and extremely refreshing side dish is the perfect companion to some carb-heavy pizza. The dressing is nice and creamy while the veggies are extra crunchy!
11. Fried String Cheese Mozzarella Sticks
Cheese sticks are the ultimate party appetizer! It shares so many similarities with pizza that you won't even have to splurge for the stuffed crust!
Make sure you make a ton, though, because there will be none leftover!
12. Fresh Fruit Salad
Try out this fresh fruit salad to counteract all the sodium in your pizza. This side dish is the complete opposite of pizza, which is why they go so well together!
It is easy to customize this salad depending on what fruits are in season. Plus, it has an incredibly delicious honey citrus sauce to top it all off!
13. Air Fryer Frozen Mac & Cheese Bites
This state fair comfort food is sure to be a hit with anyone who tastes them! They have a crisp outside and an ooey gooey, cheesy inside!
These mac and cheese bites make a fantastic party dish as they are so easy to serve! Plus, the air fryer makes them so quick and easy to prepare!
I hope that this list of side dishes and appetizers to serve with pizza helped you to create the best pizza party around! Leave a comment down below and let me know your favorite pizza pairings!
💡 More 'What To Serve' Collections
- What To Serve With Grilled Cheese - For some more cozy, comfort food check out this list of all of the best sides for grilled cheese!
- What To Serve With Quesadillas - There are more side dishes that suit quesadillas than just rice and beans!
- What To Serve With Mashed Potatoes - The possibilities are endless for dishes that pair well with this favorite side!
- What To Serve With Burgers - Burgers are a classic summertime grill-out meal. Check out these awesome sides to go with them!
- What To Serve With Chili - As cooler weather starts to creep in, it is time for some homemade chili! These tasty recipes are a perfect pair!
- What To Serve With Mac And Cheese - This southern staple pairs well with so many other tasty dishes!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
What To Serve With Pizza: Baked Chicken Wings (+Other Tasty Ideas!)
- To begin, preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C). Grab a rimmed baking sheet and place a metal roasting rack on top.
- Pat all of the chicken wings dry with paper towels. Then place them in a large bowl and add the vegetable oil. Toss to coat, then add the BBQ chicken seasoning and toss to coat once more.
- Place your seasoned wings on the roasting rack with space between them for air to circulate. Bake until golden and crispy, usually between 45-50 minutes.
- Once crispy, place the cooked wings in a large bowl and toss them with wing sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
- Any of your favorite dipping sauces would be delicious with these wings. Ranch, blue cheese, Caesar, Bor honey mustard would all be tasty!
- You can use a wire cooling rack in place of a metal roasting rack, but if you don't have either you can still make baked wings. They may be a tad less crispy but they will still be delicious.
- The nutritional information here is calculated under the assumption you would eat all of the wing sauce. However, there will be some sauce left over after tossing your wings that you can discard.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!