This Caesar Salad dressing without anchovies is delicious and creamy! Easy to make with just a few ingredients. In just minutes you'll have a rich, flavorful dressing ready to use!
Caesar Dressing Without Anchovies Recipe
I am so happy to have a go-to version that my Caesar salad fans love as much as I do! I didn't think that I would ever find a taste equivalent without the anchovies.
After all, the flavor of anchovies is a hallmark part of the pungent, garlicky perfection of this dressing!
If you have been avoiding Caesar salad dressing as I did, give this version a try. It's super quick and uses household staple ingredients (mayo, Dijon, Parmesan, Worcestershire, lemon, salt & pepper). All that great flavor without the anchovies!
This delightfully creamy, tasty Caesar salad dressing whips up in minutes, no eggs or anchovies needed!
🥘 Ingredients For Caesar Dressing
Just a few pantry staples and you can make this amazingly quick and tasty dressing!
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 large Lemon (zested and juiced)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon each, Salt & Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
Ingredient Notes: Additional anchovy substitutes include capers and flavorful brined olives such as kalamata or Castelvetrano.
Fish Allergies: If you will be sharing this dressing with someone that has a fish allergy please note the additional substitute options above as Worcestershire sauce has anchovies as an ingredient. The guide to Worcestershire sauce substitutes has additional alternatives that can be used to work around a fish allergy.
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
🔪 How To Make A Caesar Salad Dressing Without Anchovies
A few minutes in a food processor is all it takes. A quick blitz of your ingredients and you'll be enjoying this tasty Caesar salad dressing!
- Mix until smooth. Combine all ingredients (mayonnaise, juice from a large lemon + the zest from half, Parmesan cheese, coarse ground Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and freshly ground salt and pepper) in a food processor and blitz or pulse until creamy.
- Toss and serve. Grab a large bowl and plenty of greens, then dollop a generous portion of the dressing over your salad. Toss until well coated and serve.
See? No raw eggs or super salty anchovies in a can to deal with at all! Only great flavors combined to make a family-pleasing dressing. I hope that you enjoy it as much as my family and I do!
Love homemade salad dressing recipes? Try our Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing! Or the classic homemade ranch dressing!
Your homemade Caesar salad dressing without anchovies can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to one week. However, I prefer to use my dressing within the first few days and by day 3 at a maximum for best flavor.
😋 More Salad Dressings
Caesar Salad Dressing Without Anchovies
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large lemon (zested and juiced)
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- Combine all ingredients (mayonnaise, juice from a large lemon + the zest from half, Parmesan cheese, coarse ground Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and freshly ground salt and pepper) in a food processor and combine until creamy.1 cup mayonnaise, 1 large lemon, 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoon coarse ground Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ⅛ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- Serve over your favorite greens and enjoy!
Equipment You May Need
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!
This is by far the best Caesar dressing you can make without anchovies. It uses everything I already have in my cupboard and refrigerator. Double the recipe when making a salad for a party— you won’t be disappointed!!
I just made this today. Absolutely the best non anchovy recipe I've tried! Thank you! Quick and Yummy. Who can beat that?
This recipe just plain works 🙂
MaidenHeaven custom creations says
I was searching for a Caesar dressing recipe that used worsteshire rather than anchovy paste as I DO have an anaphylaxic reaction to fish and shellfish and yet I have been able to eat the worsteshire. I believe it is because, in our house, we use such small amounts of worsteshire in anything. I LOVE grilled chicken Caesar. Just a thought for someone with a more minor fish allergy.
I loved this recipe I had everything I needed in my refrigerator and it tasted so good I put it on my salmon salad that I made and it is now going to be a go to for me it’s just absolutely delicious thank you thank you thank you for this recipe
Anna Clovis says
Worcestershire sauce is fish-based, just for anyone with allergies.
Angela @ BakeItWithLove.com says
It is indeed! There is usually some form of anchovies in the sauce (which is why it works great for making this dressing without using canned anchovies). I will update as a bigger reminder for those with allergies tho!! ~ Angela