A fresh batch of this Mexican Street Corn (Elotes) is just what you need on a fantastic summer day! Roasted corn (or grilled) with a creamy garlic chipotle sauce and then topped with queso fresco and smoked paprika for a ton of tangy flavors!!
We started making our street corn a long time ago as there are so many Mexican vendors in downtown Portland, Oregon. which is our home town. Lots of delicious foods!!
Our family absolutely loves having Mexican street corn whenever we enjoy a Mexican-themed dinner night. Typically, I start the sweet corn in the oven while finishing up the rest of the dinner for the evening. The timing works beautifully!! Enjoy!
Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
- 4 ears sweet corn (in husk)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (broken into fine pieces)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (we used chipotle lime chili powder)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime (cut into wedges, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and roast the sweet corn, with husks on, directly on the rack in the center of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- While the corn is roasting combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, and chipotle chili powder in a small bowl. Set aside until the corn is finished roasting.
- When the corn has finished roasting, remove husks and brush the garlic chipotle mayo sauce on the corn and then sprinkle the queso fresco crumbles over the corn. Then top with smoked paprika and serve with lime wedges (optional, we like to squeeze fresh lime over the street corn when served).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!