This southern-inspired creamy baked sweet corn recipe is such a surprise when you try it out, so creamy and delicious!! It’s also super fast and easy to put together, throw it into the oven, and have a side dish that the whole family will thoroughly enjoy.
To Make Your Creamy Baked Sweet Corn…
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and heavily butter either a casserole dish or an 8 x 8 pan with unsalted butter.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cream-style corn, sweet corn, half-and-half, flour, maple syrup, chili powder, chives, and garlic together.
Add salt and nutmeg, to taste, then whisk in the beaten eggs and both the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Transfer the mixed ingredients to the buttered baking dish and bake in the center of the oven, on the middle rack, for about one hour or until the edges are golden brown.
The baked corn will still be slightly ‘jiggly’ but will not be wet to the touch.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Creamy Baked Corn Recipe
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) unsalted butter (for coating the baking dish)
- 1 14.75 oz can of cream-style corn
- 1 15.25 oz can of sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 1/2 c (360 ml) half-and-half
- 3 Tbsp (23 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp (2.6 g) chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (0.2 g) chives (fresh or freeze dried)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced or grated, or 3 cloves roasted garlic, as used in the video)
- 1 tsp (6 g) each, salt & nutmeg (or to taste)
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) each, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use butter to heavily coat a casserole dish or an 8 x 8 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream-style corn, sweet corn, half-and-half, flour, maple syrup, chili powder, chives, and garlic together. Add salt & nutmeg (to taste). Whisk in the beaten eggs and cheeses.
- Transfer to buttered baking dish. Bake in the center of the middle rack in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!