nchI found a beautiful beef brisket at an amazing price, and just knew I had to cook it up. This slow cooked oven baked beef brisket recipe turned out fabulous after marinading the beef brisket portion (I had to cut the brisket into three portions) overnight and then slow cooking it most of the following day.
Beef Brisket Recipe
How to make baked brisket in the oven
To start, trim the excess fat from your brisket portion but try and leave at least 1/4 inch of fat. (I left a healthy amount on the beef for flavor while cooking, plus it adds to the drippings that I save for making au jus for the brisket leftover sandwiches that always come after making beef brisket!).
I like to score both surfaces of the brisket as well, before marinating.
Slow Cooked Oven Baked Beef Brisket Recipe
- 3-5 lbs beef brisket
Simple beef brisket marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
Marinade for brisket
- In a small bowl whisk to combine olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Mix.
- Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag, or a vacuum bag.
- Add the brisket, seal and push as much air as possible out of the bag.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results if possible but be sure at least a minimum of 5 hours.
Cooking the brisket in the oven
- Put brisket in a baking pan.
- Place brisket in the oven set to 275 degrees F (135C).
- Bake for approximately 6 hours.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!