This amazing meatloaf recipe - super moist and tasty Italian flavors is packed with rich deliciousness! The resulting meatloaf is light and full of Italian flavors, without being dense like many meatloaf recipes.
Amazing Meatloaf Recipe
I've added Balsamic vinegar (a favorite in our household) that adds to the flavor, but Worcestershire works just as well. Soak croutons in the milk and leave them whole, vs crushing them as we did in this video, for another texture variation.
To make our amazingly tasty version of meatloaf, combine these ingredients in a large bowl: ground beef, Balsamic vinegar, milk, beaten eggs, half of the Italian flavored breadcrumbs (or crush some croutons!), ketchup, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Mix thoroughly then transfer to a loaf pan and shape the loaf by leveling it out, then pushing down around the edges to 'tuck' it in.
Top off your formed meatloaf with the remaining breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese (you can also add parsley or Italian herbs, too).
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50-55 minutes. I actually drained the excess fat off halfway through the baking time, about 20 minutes in to cooking.
The meatloaf is done when it is cooked through, and no longer pink in the center.
It should have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) minimum.
Allow the meatloaf to cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Amazing Meatloaf Recipe - Super Moist and Tasty Italian Flavors
- 1.5 lbs (680 g) lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c (120 ml) milk
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 c (125 g) breadcrumbs (we used crushed italian seasoned croutons, reserve half for topping)
- 1 c (240 g) ketchup
- ½ c (75 g) onion (½ small onion, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp (6 g) each, salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp (15 g) Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, Balsamic vinegar, milk, eggs, breadcrumbs (reserve half for topping), ketchup, onion, garlic, and seasoning (salt & pepper) in a medium to large bowl. Transfer combined ingredients to a loaf pan and shape into a loaf, tucking down around the edges of the pan. Top with the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45-50 minutes, until cooked through and the internal temperature is 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!