Air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers are an easy appetizer suitable for movie night, game day, parties, or just because they're a tasty snack! All you need is 12 minutes, your air fryer, and a bag of your favorite frozen jalapeno poppers for a tasty snack the whole family can enjoy!
Dive in with these creamy, spicy, and game-night-friendly snacks!
Upon first glance, jalapeño poppers are a rather unexpected combination of foods. Breaded jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and sometimes bacon? You have to admit it’s strange.
If you’ve never tried these, don’t be deterred. This combination of sweet, spicy, and sometimes salty is a match made in heaven!
They’re everything you could want in an appetizer, especially if you’re trying to avoid silverware. In reality, with the seeds removed, the jalapeños have limited kick and tons of flavor.
Air fryer jalapeño poppers are the fastest way to get creamy-spicy goodness directly to your mouth. They’re a great party food for the whole family or extended family and friends!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Cooked to Perfection! Air fryers are fantastic for getting that crunch on the outside and the cheese melted perfectly in the center!
They’re Mobile! Jalapeño poppers are perfect finger food for movie nights, game days, or large parties!
Super Easy! Just toss the poppers into your air fryer for a few minutes and enjoy!
All you need are poppers and sauce. Make your own sauces or pick some up from the store.
- 6 Frozen Jalapeño Poppers - The Original Poppers brand, TGI Fridays, and Farm Rich all make a tasty version, but there are also some out there with bacon. Take your pick!
- Dipping Sauce - Get creative with your sauces! They can completely change the dish!
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
The only tools you’ll need for this tasty snack is an air fryer (either basket style or convection oven-style air fryers work wonderfully) and silicone kitchen tongs are a big plus.
- Fill the basket. First, layer 6 frozen jalapeño poppers in your air fryer basket. Don’t let them overlap, and leave space in between.
- Air fry until golden. Slide in the drawer and cook for 6 minutes at 360℉ (182℃). Then, shake the basket or flip the poppers and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes. Crust should be golden brown, and cheese should start to ooze out.
- Cool and serve. Pull out the poppers and let them cool for a few minutes. The cheese gets extremely hot and will burn your mouth if not careful.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Don’t thaw the jalapeño poppers. This recipe is designed with frozen poppers in mind. If you thaw them before cooking, they will be overcooked.
- Adjust cooking time. If you’re using an air fryer that is more than 6-quarts large, you may need to reduce the cooking time. With more space in the basket, things tend to cook faster.
- Later batches cook faster. The cooking time listed in the recipe is based on an air fryer that hasn’t been preheated. Once it’s hot, successive batches will cook faster. Reduce cook time by a few minutes.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
These really are best when they're served fresh and piping hot from the air fryer. However, if you have leftovers, they can be wrapped up in foil or kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days.
I don’t recommend re-freezing the air fried jalapeños. They’ll get soggy upon cooking a second time!
Reheating Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
It’s easy to reheat these for a quick snack! Just pop them back in the air fryer at the same temperature you originally cooked them, 360℉ (182℃) for 3 to 5 minutes, or until hot.
Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 frozen jalapeño poppers
- dipping sauce
- Place the frozen jalapeno poppers in the basket of your air fryer, making sure they are in one even layer and do not overlap.6 frozen jalapeño poppers
- Cook at 360°F (182°C) for 6 minutes. Then, slide out the basket and shake or flip the poppers. Continue cooking at 360°F (182°C) for 2-4 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. *The cheese should just begin to ooze out.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving as the cheese filling will be extremely hot. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.dipping sauce
- Do not thaw the jalapeno poppers before cooking.
- If using larger than a 6-quart air fryer, cooking time may lessen. Adjust as needed.
- The cook time for this recipe is based on an air-fryer that has not been preheated. If making multiple batches, they will cook faster once the air fryer is hot. You may need to reduce the cook time by a few minutes.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!