I’m absolutely loving these Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings for how incredibly easy and super crispy they turn out in just minutes! The ease of getting as-good-as-deep-fried foods in these air fryers is just amazing. I love the ease of cleanup and both hubby and I love these perfectly crisped onion rings with a big, juicy burger!!
Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings Recipe
As a foodie, food blogger, etc whatever you want to call my official title here at Bake It With Love it’s pretty safe to assume that I love cooking and baking. There are days, however, that even I can REALLy appreciate something super easy!
So on those days when I’m focused on making the perfect burger, you can bet I love being able to serve up crispy onion rings without the fuss of a dredging station or my fryer. They’re an absolutely perfect side to serve up with something grilled, and my kitchen doesn’t look like a tornado hit it either.
This is a big plus! The even bigger plus is that these air fryer onion rings are ready in as little as 8 – 10 minutes! Simplicity at its tasty best.
How To Cook Frozen Onion Rings in an Air Fryer
The most frequently asked question on cooking frozen onion rings in an air fryer is how long to cook your onion rings. The short answer is that it will depend on a couple of things. A) Your model air fryer and B) how crispy you like your onion rings.
Generally speaking, it takes about 8 – 10 minutes to cook air fryer frozen onion rings. To get the best crispiness on your onion rings, be sure to leave spacing. This allows the air to circulate best, which will cook the onion rings faster and more evenly.
To get started, depending on your air fryer model or type, start the preheating cycle or set the temperature to 400ºF ( 205ºC ). Allow your air fryer to preheat while you get the onion rings prepped.
Cook the Onion Rings at 400ºF ( 205ºC )
- Coat your air fryer basket or trays with non-stick cooking spray or your favorite spray oil ( olive oil, avocado oil, etc ).
- Arrange the onion rings with spacing between them, trying to keep them in a single layer as much as possible.
- Transfer the onion rings into your air fryer and start the cooking cycle for 8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes or after your air fryer indicates to ‘TURN FOOD’, flip your onion rings. If using a convection oven style air fryer, rotate the racks from top to bottom and vice versa. Return to your air fryer and continue the cooking cycle.
- Check the onion rings after 8 minutes of cooking time and serve immediately. Or continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes, or more, depending on your desired level of crispiness.
More Great Air Fryer Finger Foods!
Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- 13 1/2 oz Frozen Onion Rings (Alexia brand, or your choice)
- each, salt & pepper (optional, to taste)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and spray your air fryer basket or trays with non-stick cooking spray. If using a convection style air fryer, set the timer for 8 minutes to start the preheat cycle.
- Place onion rings in the basket or on trays in an even layer. Leaving some spacing will allow for even circulation of the air for faster cooking with crispier results.
- Air fry for approximately 4-5 minutes, then flip the onion rings over and continue to air fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- For crispier onion rings, increase the air frying time by 1-2 minutes per side.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!