These Valentine's Day desserts are sweet, flavorful, and perfect for sharing with that special someone you love! You can find rich chocolate cakes, sugary candies and confections, and fruit-filled tarts and pies on this list. If your honey has a sweet tooth, what better gift than a homemade dessert?
Best Valentine's Day Desserts
Ah, Valentine's Day. A day to celebrate with your loved one and show them how much they mean to you. You could prepare them a romantic dinner for two, send them some roses, or whip them up some decadent homemade desserts!
If you know me you know I'm a fan of the latter, so I curated a list of desserts best suited for Valentine's Day. With any of my tried and true dessert recipes, your special person is sure to feel the love!
- Best Valentine's Day Desserts
- 1. Easy Chocolate Cake
- 2. Valentine's Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 3. Chocolate Maraschino Cherry Brownies
- 4. Shortbread Cookies
- 5. Strawberry Swirl Brownies
- 6. Red Velvet Cake
- 7. Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 8. Tart Aux Fraises
- 9. Strawberry Shortcake
- 10. Chocolate Peanut Butter Drip Cake
- 11. No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps
- 12. Classic Sugar Cookies
- 13. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- 14. Strawberry Dump Cake
- 15. Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 16. Mary Berry Chocolate Cupcakes
- 17. Cherry Pie Bars
- 18. Strawberry Lush
- 19. Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 20. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- 21. Peanut Butter Cookies
- 22. Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 23. Sugar Cookie Cherry Cobbler
- 24. Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
- 25. Macarons
- 26. Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
- 27. Brownie Blondies
- 28. Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts
- 29. Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 30. Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 31. No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
- 🧁 More Sweets & Treats
- 📋 Recipe
If you're craving chocolate in particular, be sure to check out my page dedicated to chocolate Valentine's Day desserts! For romantic dinner ideas, stop by my page on Valentine's Day dinner ideas too!
1. Easy Chocolate Cake
If an occasion calls for dessert, you can never go wrong with homemade chocolate cake! This recipe is super simple and the cake is decadently moist with all the chocolate flavor you could ask for.
2. Valentine's Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Chocolate-covered strawberries are practically a symbol of Valentine's day! They are easy to make, fruity, and will curb your sweet tooth without any guilt.
You can keep them classic, or give my pink chocolate-covered strawberries a try!
3. Chocolate Maraschino Cherry Brownies
A rich brownie topped with cherry buttercream frosting and even more chocolate! Not only is the flavor combination of cherry and chocolate a classic, but visually the pink color is perfect for Valentine's day!
4. Shortbread Cookies
You can cut them into shapes and frost them or enjoy their subtle sweetness plain. Shortbread cookies may be simple, but they are always a treat!
5. Strawberry Swirl Brownies
Fudgy brownies with sweet strawberry jam swirled throughout. As if regular brownies weren't good enough, this fruity addition will keep you coming back for one more bite.
6. Red Velvet Cake
You're looking for a Valentine's Day dessert and this decadent red velvet cake understood the assignment! With a smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting, this cake will leave a lasting impression.
7. Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake
This chocolate raspberry cake is so moist and rich, no one would know it is gluten-free! The flavors of chocolate and raspberry are perfectly balanced in this decadent dessert.
8. Tart Aux Fraises
Tart aux fraises is a French fruit tart that is loaded with fresh strawberries! The filling is a rich crème pâtissière and the base is a flaky pastry crust. Yum!
9. Strawberry Shortcake
This strawberry shortcake features fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream between two pieces of citrus-flavored shortcake. It's plenty sweet, but also refreshing and light!
10. Chocolate Peanut Butter Drip Cake
If you're looking to impress, this decadent chocolate peanut butter drip cake will do the job. This cake is rich and indulgent, plus it is totally Instagram-worthy.
11. No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps
If baking is not your strong suit, try making these Maraschino cherry chocolate chip crisps! It's a beginner-friendly recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
12. Classic Sugar Cookies
Classic sugar cookies are perfect for decorating which is a great way to get the whole family involved in some holiday baking! In fact, these easy sugar cookies may become a treat you whip up every holiday!
13. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
Sweet and simple 2-bite morsels of dark chocolate and almond butter. Homemade candy is always impressive, and these are great if you are wanting to indulge in something small.
14. Strawberry Dump Cake
It doesn't get easier than this Strawberry dump cake. All you need is a box of cake mix, canned strawberry pie filling, and butter, that's it!
15. Peanut Butter Blossoms
A soft and tender peanut butter cookie with one delicately placed milk chocolate Hershey's kiss on top. These cookies may be simple, but boy are they delicious!
16. Mary Berry Chocolate Cupcakes
The perfect dessert for chocolate lovers! These cupcakes are delightfully moist and ultra-tender.
They are topped off with a made-from-scratch chocolate buttercream frosting that will have everyone licking their fingers clean.
17. Cherry Pie Bars
These dessert bars taste like a homemade cherry pie, only easier! All you need is 3 simple ingredients and a little time in the oven to pull off this incredibly simple and delicious dessert.
18. Strawberry Lush
Sweet layers of angel food cake combined with fresh strawberries, sweetened cream cheese, and whipped cream! It's a dessert that is perfect for sharing, just grab 2 spoons.
19. Sticky Toffee Pudding
If your date is a fan of toffee, they will be obsessed with this sweet and sticky toffee pudding! It's baked like a normal cake, but then you cover it in homemade toffee sauce which takes the cake to a whole new level.
20. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
Once you flip your upside-down cake, slices of pineapple and precisely placed cherries decorate it for you. There's no fancy frosting or icing here, and trust me this cake doesn't need it.
21. Peanut Butter Cookies
No one will complain about a plate full of soft and chewy peanut butter cookies! They only take about 20 minutes to make, so it's a great recipe when you need something sweet at the last minute.
22. Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This ain't your grandma's banana bread! This rich chocolate banana bread is loaded with chocolate chips and a punch of banana flavor!
23. Sugar Cookie Cherry Cobbler
Anyone can make this easy 2-ingredient sugar cookie cherry cobbler! Who knew pre-packaged sugar cookie dough and cherry pie filling could taste this good?
24. Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Vanilla extract is good and all but using real vanilla bean gives these cupcakes a creamy, earthy, and rich vanilla flavor that you can't achieve with imitation vanilla alone. You can top them with your favorite frosting or give my vanilla bean buttercream a try!
Macarons come in an endless assortment of colors and flavors that you can have a good time putting together! If you're looking to show off your baking skills, a tray of homemade macarons will do the trick.
26. Puff Pastry Apple Turnovers
All you need for the apple turnovers is apple pie filling, puff pastries, and an egg. Top it all off with a simple 3-ingredient icing and you have one tasty apple treat!
27. Brownie Blondies
Sweet and salty brown sugar blondies swirled together with fudgy chocolate brownies. It's the best of both worlds!
28. Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts
You can totally enjoy these sweet citrus raspberry donuts as a special Valentine's Day breakfast, or you can serve them as an after-dinner dessert. There's no rule that says you have to eat donuts in the morning!
29. Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Chewy chocolate pecan pie filling baked inside a delectable cream cheese pie crust. It's much easier making these dessert bars than a whole pie, but with all the same flavor!
30. Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
When in doubt, break out some homemade chocolate chip cookies! This is the go-to recipe that I have used for years and it could be yours too!
31. No Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
This creamy no-bake strawberry pie is hard to beat! A graham cracker crumb base is topped off with a combination of fresh strawberries, strawberry Jello, and an easy homemade whipped topping.
Are you going to give one of these tasty Valentine's Day desserts a try? Let me know how it turns out in the comment section below!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
🧁 More Sweets & Treats
- Blueberry Pie Bars - Like a fresh homemade blueberry pie in an easy-to-make dessert bar!
- Dutch Apple Pie - Like a classic apple pie but with a crumbly brown sugar streusel on top!
- Divinity - This old-fashioned candy is delectably sweet and light as air!
- Black & White Cookies - Soft cookies that are half chocolate and half vanilla!
- Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes - Rich chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream frosting on top and in the center!
- Peach Galette - A rustic French dessert filled with fresh peaches!
Best Valentine's Day Desserts: Easy Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache (+More Sweet Treats!)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup milk (warmed to room temperature)
- ½ cup butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 large eggs (beaten, at room temperature)
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 9 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
Bake Your Easy Chocolate Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour your 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients thoroughly (use a whisk to combine, or sift the cocoa powder after measuring). For the best chocolate flavor, do include the optional espresso powder or switch your unsweetened cocoa powder out for Dutch process cocoa.2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 cups sugar, ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ tablespoon espresso powder
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add the liquid ingredients, including beaten eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, then mix to combine.1 cup milk, ½ cup butter, 2 large eggs, 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour in the 1 cup of boiling water after your batter is combined. Mix until smooth and transfer to your prepared 9x13 pan.1 cup water
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick, knife, or cake tester comes out clean or with a few crumbs. The cake should spring back from the touch when done, then remove it from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack (in the pan).
Add the Chocolate Ganache Topping
- Place your semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped baker's chocolate) into a heat-safe bowl and pour the cream into a saucepan. Heat your heavy cream over medium heat until it just begins to bubble.9 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup heavy cream
- Remove the simmering cream from the heat and pour over the chocolate chips. Allow the cream to set for 1-2 minutes, then stir with a spatula until smooth.
- Set the ganache aside to thicken slightly. Wait about 20-30 minutes, then pour the ganache over your cake. Allow the ganache to set or slice and serve.
- For best results, make sure to spoon and level your flour. Instead of scooping it out with the measuring cup, fluff it up and scoop it with a spoon and then level it with the back of a knife. This prevents you from packing too much flour into the measuring cup which results in a dense cake.
- For the best chocolate flavor, do include the optional espresso powder or switch your unsweetened cocoa powder out for Dutch process cocoa.
- You can also frost this cake with some chocolate buttercream frosting!
- To store: At room temperature, your cake can be stored in a cake storage container for a few days. You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days, but the ganache will harden. Simply allow it to come to room temperature before slicing.
- To freeze: Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap (before adding ganache) and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!