These Chocolate Pecan Slab Pie Bars are a wildly popular treat whenever and wherever they are served! It doesn’t matter what the occasion is, and certainly no special reason is needed to make a batch of such a fantastic dessert!
There is no way to go wrong when you have a delightful cream cheese pie crust topped with chewy, chocolate filling and crunchy pecans!
We usually make up a big batch of these pie bars in a lasagna pan, lined with parchment paper for quick and easy handling (they get extra sticky!). So this recipe makes up a very generous amount of our chocolate pecan slab pie bars…and once you try them, you’ll be very thankful it does!
It doesn’t matter how many there are when first sliced up into your desired portion size, there will never be enough.
You, your family, and friends will be obsessed with how good they are! Wherever I have taken them they have been THE most popular goody 🙂
Gather your ingredients…it’s time to get your chocolate fix on! Enjoy!
Chocolate Pecan Slab Pie Bars
Cream Cheese Pie Crust
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 package, cubed, softened at room temperature)
- 1 cup butter (cubed - plus 1 Tbsp butter for melting the chocolate drizle))
Chocolate Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided - 2, 1 cup portions and reserve a handful from the second 1 cup portion for the topping)
- 6 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups pecan halves (reserve a handful, or about 1/2 cup for the topping)
- In a food processor, combine the all-purpose flour, cream cheese, and butter. Pulse until a crumble comes together, then transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap. Pull the crumbs together and wrap with plastic wrap, keeping your pie crust layer about an inch in thickness. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove refrigerated pie crust dough and cover the bottom of a parchment paper lined lasagna baking dish (I used a 15x9 pan). Push into all of the corners and cover the entire bottom, until you have an even layer covering the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the pie crust layer at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. While the crust layer is baking, start combining the filling ingredients.
- Combine the first 1 cup portion of semi-sweet chocolate chips with the light corn syrup. Microwave in 30 second increments until the chocolate chips are melted (about 1 minute) and combined with the corn syrup. Allow to cool slightly before adding the beaten eggs (so the eggs don't cook!).
- Once the melted chocolate and corn syrup are cooled, add the beaten eggs, light brown sugar and vanilla. Stir to combine, then stir in the first 2 cup portion of the pecan halves. Pour into baking pan over the partially baked cream cheese pie crust layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, if desired, before adding the final topping ingredients (I usually do this, and take the chocolate pecan slab pie bars to a gathering the next day).
- Add the toppings: melt about 2/3 of the remaining 1 cup portion of the semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp of butter in 30 second increments in the microwave (about 1 minute). Drizzle the melted chocolate using a spoon, in a criss-cross pattern over the slab pie bars.
- Crush the remaining pecans in a ziploc baggie, using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. Spread over the top of the slab pie bars along with the remaining semi-sweet chocolate chips. I usually add some of the crushed pecans and chocolate chips and continue to drizzle more of the chocolate until all of the toppings are used.
- Refrigerate to chill completely before slicing and serving, if desired. I cut into 5x6 rows for a total of 30 bars from my 15x9 baking pan.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!