My easy to make No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps are a fun and fantastic addition to your festive holiday occasions! There's absolutely no cooking required, just a mixing bowl and a readiness to get your hands a little messy.
No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps Recipe
This tasty refrigerator cookie (or is it a ball?) is made with peanut butter, butter, sugar, crispy rice cereal, cherries, chocolate chips - all rolled in sweet coconut flakes!
They're a bit messy, but my kids have always enjoyed making these no bake cookies...and I'm totally OK with handing off one of my holiday prep tasks! And while I don't usually add these to my holiday cookie baskets and platters for delivery to friends and family, I do like to have these set out for the holiday guests to enjoy. At least a few anyway.
This batch makes two dozen No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps, which means guests are lucky if half is left over to serve to them!
I've made it a point to leave the making of my No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps until a day or two in advance of holiday gatherings, just to try and make sure that more of the rapidly disappearing treats are still around 🙂
Love the combination of maraschino cherries and chocolate? Our show stopping Chocolate Chip Maraschino Cherry Almond Bars are a festive favorite! The classic chocolate chip cookie is made even better in our Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies!
No Bake Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Crisps
- 1 c peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- ¼ c butter (½ stick - salted, softened at room temperature)
- 1 c confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ c crispy rice cereal
- ½ c maraschino cherries (drained, dried, and chopped)
- ⅓ c mini milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c sweetened coconut (more as needed)
- In a large bowl cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, and confectioners sugar.
- Fold in the crispy rice cereal, then fold in the chopped maraschino cherries and mini milk chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Place sweetened coconut in a plate or bowl. Use a tablespoon to portion out approximately 1 inch round balls, rolling them in your hands to shape then roll and coat in the coconut.
- Place shaped cookies onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!