These Strawberry Swirl Brownies are easy to make, loaded with fudge brownie goodness, plus tasty strawberry swirled throughout! Each and every bite is as addictive as can be, making these incredibly delicious brownies hard to resist!
Who Could Resist Fudgy Brownies With Tasty Strawberry In Every Bite?!
If you are a fan of decadent brownies, my Strawberry Swirl Brownies will have you at “Hello.” They are fabulously fudgy and really rich, and the strawberry swirl surprise is a welcome addition to these already delicious brownies.
Your cocoa powder brownies come out looking bakery-level quality thanks to the swirls of strawberry jam mingling throughout the brownie. Every bite is a taste sensation, adding a fruity element to an extraordinary treat!
If you love making homemade brownies, you may have your go-to recipe, but I encourage you to try mine. They are perfect in my opinion, whether you like your brownies dense and fudgy or more cake-like and light.
All the ingredients needed should be available in nearly any grocery store, and you probably have some on hand at home already.
- Butter – Melted and cooled, butter adds fat and flavor plus the texture you love in any great brownie recipe!
- Coconut Oil – I choose this type of oil for that essence of coconut, but you can use the cooking oil of your choice.
- Sugar – Sugar adds flavor and texture to your brownies, making them so wonderfully delightful!
- Light Brown Sugar – Adds more dimension to the sweetness, which tastes especially good in brownies.
- Salt – Just a pinch to even out the sweetness and highlight all of your ingredient flavors.
- Eggs – Get your 4 large eggs to room temperature for best results.
- Vanilla Extract – Smells divine, adds another layer of lusciousness, AND highlights your ingredient flavors making everything taste so good!
- All-Purpose Flour – The base and bulk of your brownies, needed for that fudgy brownie consistency!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – I'm a total fan of using cocoa for brownies to keep that flour to fat (and moisture) ratio just right for perfect brownies!!
- Strawberry Jam – Choose the brand of jam you like or use strawberry jelly or preserves. Just don’t use the “fake” stuff, as it may not set well, become runny, or soak into the batter too much.
- Strong Brewed Coffee – This is optional, but a tablespoon will make your brownies taste more chocolatey without taking on any coffee flavor.
- Grated Chocolate Bar – Also optional, you can select milk chocolate or semi-sweet. I can’t resist going all out when it comes to my strawberry swirl brownies. The more chocolate, the better.
💭 Tips & Recipe Notes
- If you like a very fudgy brownie, stick closer to the 30-minute mark when baking.
- A more cake-like brownie needs about 40 or more minutes to get the right consistency.
- Somewhere in-between should please everyone.
- Storing your brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator will also enhance the fudgy texture of any brownies.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
It will take you about an hour and 15 minutes from prepping, to baking, to the cool down (yes, you’ll have to be patient), and the end result will make everyone smile.
Leave yourself plenty of time to make these as per my directions below, and you will be impressed at your mouthwatering masterpiece!
- Prepare. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly coat or spray a 9x13 baking pan with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan from end to end with parchment paper if desired (for easier removal of the brownies).
- Combine fats and sugars. In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine 1 cup melted butter with 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add liquids. Stir to combine, then add 4 large eggs (at room temperature), 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of the optional strong brewed coffee. You can use decaf if preferred.
- Sift in dry ingredients. Add 1 cup each of all-purpose flour and unsweetened cocoa powder by sifting them into your bowl of wet ingredients. We want these dry ingredients clump-free and nice and airy. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined (do not over-mix the batter).
- Add optional chocolate. Fold in the optional grated chocolate (cut pieces or chocolate chunks or chips can be used too).
- Make the strawberry swirl. Stir the strawberry jam until easily spreadable, then dollop onto the spread brownie batter. Use a knife or offset spatula and swirl the jam into the brownies. Don’t mix in too much, as you want to see the swirls.
- Bake to perfection. Bake the brownies at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it. *Your toothpick will have plenty of brownie on it. The brownies will continue to set while cooling.
- Cool and serve. Remove the strawberry swirl brownies from the oven when done and allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack, slicing, and serving.
Making these strawberry swirl brownies is simple. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be baking them all the time. Store-bought brownies can’t compare to these delights.
My recipe makes 18 brownies, but you can cut them larger or smaller depending upon your preference. Enjoy!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
You can store leftovers of your strawberry jam brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days on the counter at room temperature. They will last up to 5 days when refrigerated.
I’ve also used leftovers to make unbelievable strawberry swirl brownie ice cream sandwiches!
Strawberry Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup butter (melted, cooled - 2 sticks or 16 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.55 oz chocolate bar (optional (milk chocolate or semi-sweet) - grated, up to 2 ounces)
- 1 cup strawberry jam (jam, jelly, or preserves)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly coat or spray a 9x13 baking pan with oil or non-stick spray. Line your pan with parchment paper if desired (for easy removal of the brownies).
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the 1 cup melted butter with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Stir to combine, then add the 4 large eggs, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of the optional strong brewed coffee.
- Add the 1 cup each of all-purpose flour and unsweetened cocoa powder by sifting them into your bowl of wet ingredients. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined (do not over-mix the batter).
- Fold in the optional grated chocolate (cut pieces or chocolate chunks work too).
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it. *Your toothpick will have plenty of brownie on it. The brownies will continue to set while cooling.
- Remove the brownies from the oven when done and allow to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack, or slicing and serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!