Here's what to serve with fish so that you can take your simple and ordinary fish dishes to the next level! From condiments to side dishes, I have gathered it all for the ultimate list of menu ideas! No matter what you choose, you won't be disappointed.
Easy Side Dishes & Condiments For Fish
I absolutely love enjoying a delicious fish meal any day of the week! Not only do I appreciate simple and tasty fish recipes, but I also love pairing them with equally mouthwatering dishes!
I put together this list of over 25 different items that pair perfectly with all kinds of fish! No matter what kind of fish is your favorite, or if you prefer it fried or baked, you're going to find something here for you!
- Easy Side Dishes & Condiments For Fish
- 1. Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish
- 2. Vermicelli Rice
- 3. Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 4. Gremolata
- 5. Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- 6. Air Fryer French Fries
- 7. Bloves Sauce
- 8. Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 9. Sauteed Green Beans
- 10. Southern Coleslaw
- 11. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 12. Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 13. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 14. Roasted Yellow Squash
- 15. Dill Sauce
- 16. Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 17. Mushroom Risotto
- 18. Caesar Salad
- 19. Creamed Kale
- 20. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
- 21. Roasted Broccoli With Garlic & Parmesan
- 22. Succotash
- 23. Twice Baked Potatoes
- 24. Roasted Peppers & Onions
- 25. Asian Cucumber Salad
- 26. Creamy Coconut Rice
- 27. Roasted Potatoes & Onions
- 28. Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 🐟 Delicious Fish Recipes
- 📖 Recipe Card
- What To Serve With Fish: Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish (With 27+ Other Tasty Sides To Make!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
1. Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish
Lemon is known for being an amazing complimentary flavor for all varieties of seafood! This lemon butter sauce is simple to combine and can quickly add extra flavor to your fish entree!
2. Vermicelli Rice
Rice is always a great side dish for fish! This Vermicelli rice recipe combines rice and tender pasta that is easy to make and amazingly tasty!
3. Oven Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes are a great starchy side for practically any fish! These potatoes are easy to make with a crisp outside and wonderfully fluffy inside!
This Italian condiment is wonderful for both meat and fish dishes! It only has 3 ingredients, but it can add a delightful freshness to your meal!
5. Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
This low-carb alternative tastes amazing alongside your favorite fish recipes! It is perfect for an all-around light and healthy meal!
6. Air Fryer French Fries
Have you ever heard of fish and chips? French fries are a classic side for some perfectly fried fish!
7. Bloves Sauce
Bloves sauce is an amazingly rich and flavorful sauce that is great for any seafood dish! Fried, grilled, seared, or baked, it will taste amazing with any fish!
8. Roasted Vegetable Medley
Fish and veggies go great together! This roasted medley includes all of your favorite vegetables that have been roasted until perfection!
9. Sauteed Green Beans
This recipe is incredibly simple yet extremely delicious! Sprinkle these green beans with grated Parmesan cheese for an extra special touch.
10. Southern Coleslaw
There's a reason you see coleslaw served alongside fish at so many restaurants! Coleslaw is ideal for serving with many fish dinners!
11. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
These mashed potatoes feature garlic for an extra savory flavor! They are a comfort food staple that goes great with anything!
12. Roasted Brussel Sprouts
These brussel sprouts are so crispy and delicious that even picky eaters will enjoy them! They are roasted until they become crisp and caramelized. Yum!
13. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Add some butter and brown sugar for a sweet and nutritious side dish! This one will surely be a family favorite with all your fish menus.
14. Roasted Yellow Squash
Roasted squash is an easy and delicious veggie side that is great for any occasion! The tender, tasty summer squash makes an incredible side dish to any fish main dish!
15. Dill Sauce
Grab some fresh dill, and you're ready to go! This easy homemade sauce is wonderful for all of your favorite fish varieties!
16. Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
The citrus lime flavor pairs wonderfully with fish! Plus, the Instant Pot makes this rice side dish practically effortless.
17. Mushroom Risotto
This mushroom risotto will add a romantic and elegant touch to any meal. It is perfect for making your fish dinner extra special!
18. Caesar Salad
This classic appetizer pairs well with almost any meal. As a bonus, it is ready in just minutes!
19. Creamed Kale
Creamed kale is a fantastic, rich, creamy side dish that complements your main fish entree. It is completely addicting and will have your family asking for more!
20. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
This asparagus and orzo dish features some delicious lemon flavor, making it perfect for a fish side dish! It is light, refreshing, and super easy to prepare!
21. Roasted Broccoli With Garlic & Parmesan
Broccoli is a tasty and healthy side dish as-is. This recipe adds garlic and rich Parmesan cheese for an extra flavorful boost!
Succotash is a great versatile, customizable side dish! It is a Southern staple that would taste great with any family meal.
23. Twice Baked Potatoes
These potatoes are extra delicious alongside some grilled fish! They are loaded with all of your favorite baked potato toppings!
24. Roasted Peppers & Onions
Top your favorite grilled, baked, or pan-seared fish with these delicious pepper & onions! They not only add some beautiful color but are also super tasty!
25. Asian Cucumber Salad
This ultra-light and refreshing salad is a perfectly healthy pairing for baked or grilled fish! The tangy dressing and cool cucumbers are fantastic with seared tuna!
26. Creamy Coconut Rice
This completely versatile dish can be served with any fish, no matter how it was prepared! The standard rice is upgraded with rich, creamy coconut, making an amazing base for teriyaki salmon and more!
27. Roasted Potatoes & Onions
Tasty roasted potatoes and onions are a great side dish to any fish dinner you're making! This staple starch is perfectly seasoned and cooked until tender on the inside, crisped on the outside, and studded with roasted onion!
28. Baked Cabbage Steaks
If you're looking for an easy side dish to pop into the oven while you cook your fish, try this amazing cabbage recipe! The roasted cabbage tastes great with white fish and more!
Now that you know what to serve with fish, what recipe will you make first? Let me know in the comments below!
🐟 Delicious Fish Recipes
- Broiled Mahi Mahi - This broiled fish recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing!
- Butter Poached Monkfish - This delightful monkfish dish really tastes just like lobster, yum!
- Pan Seared Red Snapper - This red snapper dish has wonderfully crisp skin and features a tasty lemon butter sauce!
- Grilled Branzino - This European bass dish is ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes!
- Hibachi Salmon - This easy hibachi salmon is ready in minutes and tastes fantastic!
- Pan Seared Halibut - A delicious lemon dill sauce is paired perfectly with this halibut!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
What To Serve With Fish: Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish (With 27+ Other Tasty Sides To Make!)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk or stir frequently until the butter starts turning golden-brown and has a slightly 'nutty' aroma (about 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Then remove the saucepan from the stovetop and mix in the lemon juice and parsley. Set aside until ready to use.
- The lemon butter sauce will be pourable for 20-30 minutes after removing from heat.
- A serving is 1 tablespoon of lemon butter sauce.
- Storing: Refrigerate unused sauce in an airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave in 10-second increments.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!