Delightfully tasty oven roasted broccoli with garlic and Parmesan is a side dish made in heaven. With the uniquely wonderful garlic flavor and rich Parmesan cheese topping! Plus, roasting brings out such a different broccoli flavor that is a true treat for all of your broccoli lovers!
I absolutely love roasting our vegetables, and this Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan recipe is where that love started!
Like many of you, I grew up only using one or two methods of cooking vegetables. For ease and simplicity, I was a fan of steamed vegetables.
That was then. Now, I enjoy so many different kinds of vegetable side dishes and my new favorite is also super easy and simple. Roasting your vegetables is just as easy as steaming them, but also unlocks a flavor that is unique to this cooking method. The difference is amazing!
- Broccoli Florets - Fresh is ideal, but thawed frozen broccoli will work.
- Olive Oil - EVOO extra virgin olive oil.
- Garlic - Minced or whole roasted cloves.
- Parmesan Cheese - Freshly grated is best.
- Salt & Pepper
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your broccoli florets and garlic in a large bowl, then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread out your coated broccoli florets over your baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle and/or top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Roast your broccoli in the oven at 425°F (218°C) for about 20-25 minutes. This will depend on how well browned you would like your broccoli.
- Serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan (optional).
I like my oven roasted broccoli a touch under the point of being 'burnt broccoli'. Either way this garlic Parmesan roasted broccoli is absolutely delicious! Top it all off with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving and enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Just a note, for whenever you coat your vegetables in olive oil. Always drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and/or down the bowl sides rather than placing your vegetables into pooled olive oil (already poured into your bowl). The coating will be more even and yield better results for nearly everything, not only in the case of oven roasting vegetables!
- Once your broccoli is lightly coated with extra virgin olive oil and tossed with minced garlic or roasted garlic cloves. Spread out your broccoli florets on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast until crispy!
- I'm frequently asked about the results when using frozen broccoli. This does work exceptionally well if you can leave your broccoli time to either a) thaw completely, then paper towel dry to remove excess water or b) par-cook in a microwave to remove the excess moisture (the steam-able bags are perfect in this case).
🥦 Other Awesome Vegetable Sides
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
- 1 lb broccoli florets (cut into small to medium sized spears)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoon garlic (minced or whole roasted cloves)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated or shredded - plus more for garnish when serving, if desired)
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your broccoli florets and garlic in a large bowl, then drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat lightly and evenly, then spread out over your baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle or top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.1 lb broccoli florets, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoon garlic, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, each, salt & pepper
- Roast your broccoli in the oven for about 20-25 minutes depending on how well browned you would like your broccoli. Serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan (optional).¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!