The Perfect Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready in just minutes, they stay soft and thick with a wonderful cake-like consistency…and they NEVER last long! Seriously, if there is one thing in life that you need to have as a staple, it is this perfect soft batch chocolate chip cookies recipe!
Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I say it in the walk through recipe video (included below), so I’ll say it here too…this is another one of those personal preferences that my choco-holic hubby and I disagree on.
I like my fluffy, soft batch chocolate chip cookies much better than when I make his favorite chewy chocolate chip cookies.
So, since I am the one in the kitchen, we will have my best and favorite chocolate chip cookies. Yay, soft batch!
And did I mention how incredibly EASY these cookies are to make?
I know, most cookies are pretty easy.
But this is my one bowl method for cookies, and we are making these as drop cookies so there is no chill required.
Without the need for refrigeration, you can move right into spooning out your portions of dough onto your baking sheets…
And enjoying the best soft batch chocolate chip cookies around! To make the day even better, I’m not stopping with these chocolate chip cookies! I’ll be moving on to some amazing oatmeal cookies so don’t miss out on those either!
Our Favorite (Chocolate) Cookies
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate No Bake Cookies (without peanut butter)
- Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip York Mini Mint Patty Cookies
- Super Strawberry White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Rolos Cookie Bites
Perfect Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (or vanilla paste)
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (optional, if using unsalted butter use 1/2 tsp salt)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks - milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark morsels)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper, or coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until well blended. Add the egg, vanilla extract, corn starch, baking soda, and salt (if needed). Mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and incorporate into the wet ingredients. Your cookie dough will appear dry and crumbly, but will come together when you roll out your cookie dough balls for baking.
- Add the chocolate chips or chunks, then roll into balls a little over 1 inch round using tablespoonful amounts. Place on your baking sheet with 2 inches between cookies. *You can flatten your cookies out prior to baking, using your fingertips or the bottom of a glass, if desired. After baking, you can flatten the cookies slightly by pressing the centers with the back of a spoon (but they do settle a bit once cooled).
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12-15 minutes or until your cookies have just begun to take on a golden color around the bottom edges (do not over-bake!).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!