Oh my heavens! I've combined my darling husband's favorite cookie with one of my faves to make these Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies! Now we can fight over the last cookie 😉
OK, not really. I'm sure we'd be nice and let Lauren have the last cookie...Maybe. The first few times I've made these cookies they simply disappeared, and this time was no exception!
They're a household favorite and I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that they are my fave chocolate chip cookie of all time.
These Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are really easy to make, with a little extra care given to the sliced maraschino cherries so that the red syrup doesn't bleed through all of your cookies 🙂
It is up to you how large or small you would like your cherry chunks, but for me I like to cut most into quarters with a few halves mixed in.
That way some of your bites out of these soft cookies are full of that maraschino cherry sweetness!
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add the almond extract and eggs, beat until light and fluffy.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients including the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda. Use a fork or whisk to incorporate the salt and baking soda throughout the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and combine thoroughly, then add the milk chocolate chips and stir them in. Add the sliced maraschino cherries and gently fold them into the dough. Refrigerate the dough and let it chill for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove the chilled dough and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet(s) in tablespoon portions. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown on the top and a hint of brown is showing on the bottoms.
- Remove the baking sheet with cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before placing them on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!