These Super Strawberry White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with doubled up strawberry flavor! The perfect combination of strawberry and both white and dark chocolate in quick and easy drop cookies!
We absolutely love to use fresh fruit for many desserts, but the combination with using freeze dried fruit is amazing and really boosts the strawberry flavor of these cookies. So much so, that I didn't use any extract for flavoring (although adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract would work quite well in these cookies, if desired).
To Make Your Super Strawberry White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough...
To start these strawberry-rich cookies, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper. Start the cookie dough by creaming together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth, then add the eggs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Next, puree your fresh strawberries and the freeze dried strawberries then add them into the wet mixture and combine until smooth again. Add the flour, and mix until fully incorporated into the cookie dough. Stir in the white chocolate and dark (or milk) chocolate chips, then spoon the cookie dough onto your parchment paper lined baking sheets in heaping teaspoonful amounts. Leave enough spacing, about 2 inches, between each amount of dough for the cookies to spread during baking.
Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies no longer appear wet and you can see the bottoms beginning to get golden brown. Ours turned a slightly lighter shade of pink when they were done. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
*When baking cookies, I like to test batch 2-3 cookies for the correct cooking time and to see if there is enough flour in the dough. It helps to prevent ending up with a whole sheet of super flat cookies. You can also avoid this by cooling cookie dough in the refrigerator for an hour before baking.
When doing a baking day think about adding some of these to your baking day!
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
- Fudge Covered Oreos
- Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Super Strawberry White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 2 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 strawberries (large, pureed)
- ¼ c freeze dried strawberries (pureed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and combine until smooth again. The add the pureed fresh and freeze dried strawberries, mix until creamy and smooth. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated, then add the white chocolate and dark (or milk chocolate) chocolate chips. Stir in the chips so they are evenly distributed through the cookie dough.
- Place the cookie dough on parchment paper lined baking sheets in heaping tablespoonfuls with about 2 inches of spacing. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 9-11 minutes, or until no longer wet in appearance (ours went a lighter shade of pink when done). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!