Flavorful Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are packed with peanut butter richness, marshmallow creaminess, and just the right amount of salty sweetness! This tasty twist on the classic Rice Krispies treat is a well-loved family favorite for kids of all ages!
Perfect Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats Are Sure To Be Your New Favorite!
No-bake desserts are some of my favorites, especially when the weather is hot, and I don’t want to turn on the oven. Not only are they simple to prepare, but they come out delicious every time!
Who doesn’t love Rice Krispies Treats? They're ooey, gooey, and chewy! Absolute perfection! I have been making (and enjoying!) these easy cereal treats for as long as I can remember, and kids today enjoy them just as much!
While the classic version never goes out of style, my Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats are extra-special, made with creamy peanut butter to add more richness and flavor to every bite.
If you are a fan of peanut butter and have a sweet tooth, these no-bake cereal treats will be right up your alley! Although they are easy to make, you will need a little over 2 hours before you can devour them. The treats need time to chill and firm up before you can slice them into portions and serve.
Sneak in a spoonful of peanut butter if you get impatient!
My recipe makes 12 servings, but it all depends upon how large or small you cut the treats. Sometimes I make minis and other times I go for the “jumbo” size.
The ingredients list isn’t long, and if you have made Rice Krispies Treats before, you know it does not take much to make a delicious dessert!
- Butter – The hint of saltiness makes these treats well-balanced and buttery.
- Marshmallows – The mini-marshmallows melt better and mix into the cereal with ease.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds flavor and a nice aroma.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy works well, but if you are a fan of chunky, give it a go. Experiment with a flavored peanut butter too.
- Rice Krispies Cereal – The “Snap, Crackle, Pop” that never fails to please!
You'll need a bit more butter for your 9x13 baking pan, non-stick cooking spray works too. Or you can line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper for easy removal of the entire slab of cereal treats.
Do you love rice krispies treats? Try one of my other tasty versions! Go with the classic rice krispies treats, or some candy corn rice krispies treats for Halloween fun, or my vibrant rainbow rice krispies treats!
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
Making Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats isn’t anything complicated – even young kids can help out in the kitchen. Simply follow the instructions and you’ll do fine.
If you are new to making sweets, this recipe is a great start. The peanut butter takes these treats up a notch, and you will be impressed with the quality.
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal of your Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats once they’re finished.
- Microwave Instructions: Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high power, stir, then continue heating in 30-second increments until the marshmallows are completely melted. Keep an eye on your bowl so you don’t have an overflow.
Stovetop Instructions: Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and melt ½ cup salted butter. Add 15 ounces of mini marshmallows once the butter is melted and stir to coat them in the melted butter. Continue stirring until the marshmallows have melted completely, then remove from heat.
- Stir in ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract and ½ cup creamy peanut butter until combined and creamy. Add 9 cups of Rice Krispies cereal and 1 cup of mini marshmallows and fold them into the marshmallow mixture until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared pan using a buttered spatula, a square of waxed paper, or your clean fingers (buttered or dampened with water). Gently press the Rice Krispies mixture into an even layer in the pan. *Do not pack the cereal in firmly, as this will create hard/dense Rice Krispies cereal treats, just make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Set the Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats aside and allow them to cool and set up for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.
You can add some flair to the treats by studding the top before it cools and sets.
Here are some great ideas below!
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate candies Try Reese’s Pieces or Goobers candy (chocolate coated peanuts) for the extra peanutty goodness. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup butter (salted, 1 stick or 8 tablespoons)
- 15 oz mini marshmallows (1 ½ 10 ounce bags, reserve 1 cup of marshmallows to mix in later if desired)
- ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Butter a 9x13 baking pan or line it with parchment paper for easy removal of your cereal treats.
- Stovetop Instructions: Heat a large sauce pan to medium and melt the ½ cup of butter. Add the 15 ounces of marshmallows once the butter is melted and stir to coat them in the melted butter. Continue stirring until the marshmallows have melted then remove from heat.Microwave Instructions: Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high power, stir, then continue heating in 30-second increments until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in the ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract and ½ cup of creamy peanut butter until creamy. Add the 9 cups of Rice Krispies and the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows and fold them into the marshmallow mixture until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared pan, then use a buttered spatula, a square of waxed paper, or your fingers (buttered or dampened with water) to gently press the Rice Krispies mixture into an even layer in the pan. *Do not pack the cereal in firmly, as this will create hard Rice Krispies cereal treats.
- Set the treats aside and allow them to cool and set up for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!