These easy to make no-bake Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats are a fun and festive addition to your Halloween and Fall parties! The perfectly gooey dessert bars are studded with chopped candy corn candies and even more marshmallows for an addictive flavor that is sure to be a favorite!
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Oh, how I look forward to the Fall and Halloween season! Not for the fantastic pumpkin spice flavors, but for one of my all-time favorites. You guessed it, candy corn!
I think candy corns are one of those things that people either absolutely love or totally could live without. Whichever category you fall under, these candy corn krispies treats are still sure to please!
They’re a wonderful combination of that gooey marshmallow deliciousness that rice krispies treats are known and loved for with the addition of candy corn chunks! Plus, I like to stir in extra marshmallows and use some orange gel food coloring to make these extra festive!
How To Make Rice Krispies Treats with Candy Corn
The classic rice krispies treats get a fabulous stir-in with the addition of candy corn. This is still your super easy no-bake dessert that will turn out wonderfully and be ready to serve in under an hour!
Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to get started:
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter both work as the base of your gooey marshmallow sauce. If using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to your ingredient list and add the salt when you have melted the marshmallows ( at the same time as adding the vanilla extract ).
- Marshmallows – Lots of them! I use 1 1/2 15 ounce bags of mini marshmallows to save myself from counting the larger smores size marshmallows. If using larger marshmallows, you will need about 60 counted out for melting.
- Vanilla Extract – Don’t skip the vanilla, and you don’t need to be shy with it either. Vanilla will bring out the wonderful marshmallow and candy corn flavors!
- Rice Krispies Cereal – Any brand of crisped rice cereal or puffed rice will work, but make sure that you are using fresh crispy rice cereal. Stale cereal results in a not-so-good cereal bar that is chewy…but in a bad way!
- Candy Corn – The best rice krispies treats stir-in ever! Seriously, I love these treats that combine my obsession with the perfect rice krispie treat with my favorite bite-sized candy!
The orange gel food coloring is completely optional, but the added color makes these no-bake dessert squares just a little bit more fun! Any food-safe coloring will work, but I like the gel food coloring as it is easier to get my desired shade of orange.
Make The Rice Krispies Treats
It is always easiest to make any rice krispies treats when you have all of your ingredients gathered and measured out. Your best results will come from cooking the marshmallows just enough to melt them ( leaving a few small bits is totally OK ) and then not stirring the treats mixture too much.
Follow these instructions to make your candy corn rice krispies treats:
- Prepare your 9 x 13 inch baking pan with a light coating of butter, or line it with parchment paper for easy removal of your rice krispie treats.
- Microwave method: Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl. Heat for one minute, stir and then continue heating in 30-second increments until fully melted. Stir between each heating. Stove Top Method: In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until the marshmallows are melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and orange gel food coloring. Stir until your desired shade of orange has been reached.
- Stir in the rice krispies cereal until it is thoroughly coated with the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Fold in the remaining 1 cup of mini marshmallows and the roughly chopped candy corn chunks until they are distributed evenly throughout the rice krispie mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Use a buttered spatula, wax paper, or your fingers ( coated with butter or watered down slightly ) to spread the cereal bars without sticking.
- Set the candy corn rice krispie treats aside and allow them to cool and set up for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Storing Your Rice Krispies Treats
Store the candy corn rice krispies treats at room temperature in an airtight container. I usually leave mine in the 9 x 13 baking pan, with the accompanying fitted lid which is not-quite-air-tight and my quality has never been noticeably different or inferior when talking about short-term storage only.
Rice krispies treats will last for up to 3 days and do not need to be stored in the refrigerator. If stored in the refrigerator, your rice krispie treats can last for up to 6 weeks. *Be sure to use an airtight container for longer-term refrigerated storage.
Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 cup butter (salted)
- 15 oz mini marshmallows (1 1/2 10 oz bags, reserve 1 cup of marshmallows)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- orange gel food coloring (optional)
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn (rough chopped - about 1/2 of a 16 oz package)
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter, or line with parchment paper.
- Stovetop Method: In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the mini marshmallows (reserving 1 cup for stirring in later) and stir to coat well with the melted butter. Continue stirring until all of the marshmallows are melted, then remove from heat.Microwave Method: In a large mixing bowl, heat the butter and mini marshmallows (reserving 1 cup for stirring in later) for 1 minute in the microwave. Stir and continue heating in 30-second intervals until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add vanilla and orange gel food coloring, stir until you have reached your desired color.
- Stir in the rice krispies cereal until well coated with the marshmallow mixture. Add the reserved mini marshmallows and rough chopped candy corn and mix gently until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Spread the mixed rice krispies and marshmallow mixture in your prepared pan in an even layer. Use a buttered spatula, waxed paper, or wet fingers to gently press the coated cereal into place.
- Set the treats aside and allow them to cool and set up for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Storing Your Rice Krispies TreatsStore the candy corn rice krispies treats at room temperature in an airtight container. I usually leave mine in the 9 x 13 baking pan, with the accompanying fitted lid which is not-quite-air-tight and my quality has never been noticeably different or inferior when talking about short-term storage only. Rice krispies treats will last for up to 3 days and do not need to be stored in the refrigerator. If stored in the refrigerator, your rice krispie treats can last for up to 6 weeks. *Be sure to use an airtight container for longer-term refrigerated storage.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!