This amazingly easy Creamy Coconut Rice will surprise you with how delicious it is, and that it's just as quick as making any other rice for dinner!
The subtle flavor compliments so many main dishes, and is sure to become one of your 'go-to' recipes. I love this coconut rice, as everything is combined at the beginning and then brought to heat.
So, it's a few minutes to bring my rice to heat then cover and cook just like any other rice but with so much more flavor...
Making Creamy Coconut Rice...
Really, it's as easy as gathering all of your ingredients (jasmine rice, coconut milk, water, ginger, sugar, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and turmeric) and combining them in your medium saucepan.
Bring the rice mixture to a low boil, cover, and reduce heat.
Allow the rice to cook for 20 minutes, then remove the cover and fluff the rice.
Return the cover to the saucepan until ready to serve.
Creamy Coconut Rice
- 1 cup Jasmine rice (or basmati rice)
- 14 oz coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp ginger (fresh, finely chopped - or ginger paste)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan, including jasmine rice, coconut milk, water, ginger, sugar, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and turmeric. Stir to combine thoroughly and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring rice mixture to a low boil and reduce heat to low, cover, and allow the rice to cook for 20 minutes. Fluff the rice using a fork, then cover again until ready to serve.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!