What's not to love about Dark Chocolate Cookies loaded with triple the chocolate?!
Chocolate addict or not, these decadent dark chocolate cookies are a sure-fire cure for any chocolate cravings you may have!
We love to dust ours with some confectioners sugar before serving, and they are always a favorite that disappear FAST!
My husband, Ed, is a real chocolate lover...however, that isn't really the case with me.
When I want dessert I tend to crave something fruity, which means that chocolate doesn't make it into the oven as much as he would like. So on occasion, I make a dessert all about him. And that is how these cookies started.
A well deserved Valentine's Day goody just for my other half 🙂
You might also like some of our other chocolate chip cookies:
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate No Bake Cookies (without Peanut Butter)
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (with Almond Flour)
- Mint Chocolate Chip York Mini Mint Patty Cookies
- Super Strawberry White and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Rolos Cookie Bites
Dark Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ⅔ cups dark chocolate chips (divided - 1 cup portion and ⅔ cup portion)
- ½ cup butter (salted, 1 stick of butter)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa (we use Ghirardelli premium sweet cocoa)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar (optional, sifted over the baked cookies)
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line your baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat mats, or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the ⅔ cup portion of your dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by heating in 30 second intervals at medium high or high temperature (depending on how hot your microwave usually heats foods). Continue heating in 30 second intervals until the dark chocolate chips are completely melted, then set aside and allow to cool.
- Cream your butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth, then add the melted chocolate and mix well (about 1 minute).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth and creamy again. Then add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa. Mix until the cocoa is evenly distributed through your wet mixture.
- Add flour, mix until thoroughly incorporated then add the remaining 1 cup of dark chocolate chips and stir into the cookie dough until evenly distributed. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto your lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and remove it with a few crumbs on it (not a sticky dough residue). The edges of the cookies will look baked and the top will be a lighter color of brown than the dough.
- Remove from your oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire cooling rack. Using a sifter, dust the baked cookies with confectioners sugar (optional) before serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!