These spring desserts are all bright, refreshing, and fantastic for enjoying the season with friends and family! From fruit tarts to lemon cookies, there is a tasty spring-inspired treat that is perfect for any occasion! Go ahead and let these desserts be the final touch to your springtime meals!
Best Spring Dessert Recipes
The warming weather always puts me in the mood for some springtime baking! I want to sit on a patio, soak up some sunshine, and snack on a sweet treat!
I put together this list of all of my favorite spring-inspired dessert recipes so that you can enjoy the seasonal baking with me! Pick out a few sweets to try and then get ready to fall in love with them!
These spring desserts are perfect for any celebration!
- French Fruit Tart
- 2 Ingredient Lemon Bars
- Blueberry Pie
- White Chocolate Raspberry Loaf Cake
- Preacher Cake
- Strawberry Angel Food Lush
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Carrot Cake
- Fudge Brownies
- Cherry Blueberry Dump Cake
- Bisquick Peach Cobbler
- Blueberry Buckle
- Berry Parfait Greek Yogurt Popsicles
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Blueberry Muffin Bread
- Hot Cross Buns
- Best Spring Dessert Recipes
- 1. French Fruit Tart
- 2. 2 Ingredient Lemon Bars
- 3. Blueberry Pie
- 4. White Chocolate Raspberry Loaf Cake
- 5. Preacher Cake
- 6. Strawberry Angel Food Lush
- 7. Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 8. Carrot Cake
- 9. Fudge Brownies
- 10. Shortbread
- 11. Cherry Blueberry Dump Cake
- 12. Bisquick Peach Cobbler
- 13. Blueberry Buckle
- 14. Berry Parfait Greek Yogurt Popsicles
- 15. Strawberry Shortcake
- 16. Blueberry Muffin Bread
- 17. Hot Cross Buns
- 18. Pineapple Sunshine Cake
- 19. Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 20. Peach Galette
- 21. Blueberry Pie Bars
- 22. Blackberry Tart
- 23. Lemon Strawberry Bread
- 24. Honey Cakes
- 25. Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 26. Strawberries & Cream Scones
- 27. Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 28. Lemon Blueberry with White Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 29. Strawberry Tart
- 🌸 More Spring Dessert Recipes
- 📋 Recipe
1. French Fruit Tart
Is there anything more spring-like than a wonderfully vibrant and colorful tart that is loaded up with fruit? Make sure you opt for fresh fruit to get the maximum flavor payoff!
2. 2 Ingredient Lemon Bars
It wouldn't be a spring dessert list without some lemon bars packed with citrus flavor! This simple recipe only uses 2 ingredients, but you can check out my classic version here!
3. Blueberry Pie
I love fruit-based pies all year long, but something about the springtime makes them feel extra special. This blueberry pie is loaded with homemade blueberry pie filling (which is so much better than storebought!)
4. White Chocolate Raspberry Loaf Cake
Tender vanilla cake is packed with fresh raspberries and then drizzled with white chocolate! Not only is it a flavor combination made in heaven, but it is absolutely stunning as well!
5. Preacher Cake
Preacher cake is known for being incredibly quick and simple to make! The cake itself includes both pineapple and coconut for a nice tropical flavor while the topping is cream cheese frosting! Finally, sprinkle it with some walnuts and toasted coconut to make it even better!
6. Strawberry Angel Food Lush
This strawberry angel food lush is simply too good to be true! It's loaded with angel food cake, whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and sweet cream cheese!
7. Banana Blueberry Muffins
Muffins are so versatile since you can enjoy them for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert! Ripe bananas make these muffins incredibly moist and sweet and then the blueberries add little bursts of flavor!
Of course, my strawberry yogurt muffins are also perfect for spring!
8. Carrot Cake
This is truly the best carrot cake you will ever taste. It's a classic recipe that can be enjoyed all spring long!
9. Fudge Brownies
Brownies are easily a well-loved year-round dessert! They are a classic treat that can be enjoyed any day, any time, for any occasion!
These shortbread cookies are so soft and tender that they will literally melt in your mouth! Plus, they use just a few ingredients so that anyone can make them, even if you've never baked them before!
Check out all of my helpful tips and tricks in my guide for making shortbread!
11. Cherry Blueberry Dump Cake
They only use a handful of ingredients (typically cake mix, butter, and pie filling) and are ridiculously simple to prepare. This cherry blueberry dump cake is perfect for springtime, but so are my blueberry, strawberry, peach, and pineapple varieties!
12. Bisquick Peach Cobbler
This recipe will satisfy your cobbler craving without you having to spend a ton of time in the kitchen! The Bisquick mix really makes preparing the cobbler topping a breeze!
13. Blueberry Buckle
This cake is soft, moist, and loaded with tons of flavor! It is coated with a cinnamon sugar crumble topping and packed with fresh blueberries!
14. Berry Parfait Greek Yogurt Popsicles
As soon as the weather begins to warm up, I can't help but reach for these frozen treats! They are loaded up with Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and granola so that you don't have to feel guilty at all!
15. Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry shortcake is possibly the most spring-based dessert there is! The light and fluffy shortcake, homemade whipped cream, and fresh strawberries make this such a refreshingly delicious dessert that it's hard not to love it!
16. Blueberry Muffin Bread
This incredibly soft and moist bread is super delicious. It tastes just like a muffin but in loaf form!
17. Hot Cross Buns
These buns are a timeless classic that is commonly enjoyed for Easter! They have just the right amount of sweetness and can be snacked on at any time of the day!
18. Pineapple Sunshine Cake
Yellow cake is infused with crushed pineapple and then topped with whipped cream frosting, pineapples, and cherries! The tropical flavor of the pineapple is ideal for enjoying the warm weather!
19. Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Crinkle cookies are one of my favorite kinds of cookies because they are soft, tender, and beautiful! These cookies are great for any lemon lovers out there as they are bursting with citrus flavor!
20. Peach Galette
Galettes are even easier to make than pie and still have a wonderfully flaky crust and sweet peach center! Of course, you can also try out my blueberry galette. Both flavors are perfect for spring!
21. Blueberry Pie Bars
When the weather gets warmer, you'll know that picnic season has begun! These bars have all of the flavors from a blueberry pie but in easy-to-serve bars!
22. Blackberry Tart
Can you tell that I love tarts? They are fresh, fruity, and super vibrant making them a perfect dessert to enjoy this spring. The coconut and lime zest topping just makes it even better!
23. Lemon Strawberry Bread
This easy lemon bread is loaded with fresh strawberries and then topped off with a sweet and citrus lemon glaze! It definitely gives off some strawberry lemonade vibes!
24. Honey Cakes
These little cakes feature crisp edges, a moist inside, and an intensely delicious honey flavor! They are then topped with frosting (or more honey!)
25. Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade chocolate chip cookies are soft, tender, and bursting with melted chocolate chips! Of course, these classic cookies are a perfect treat any time of the year, so why not enjoy them in spring as well?
If you want some tips and tricks on how to make the best cookies possible, take a look at my ultimate guide to baking chocolate chip cookies!
26. Strawberries & Cream Scones
These tender scones are crisp on the outside and moist on the inside! They are packed with strawberries and drizzled with sweet vanilla icing!
27. Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Using extra ripe bananas is the key to this moist and sweet cake! If you enjoy banana bread, than this cake is sure to knock your socks off!
28. Lemon Blueberry with White Chocolate Chips Cookies
Zesty lemon and juicy blueberries come together for these amazingly delicious cookies! The bright yellow and pops of blue practically scream "spring"!
29. Strawberry Tart
A buttery and flaky crust, some sweet cream, and fresh strawberries- what more could you ask for in a springtime dessert? Not only is it delicious, but it is also oh-so beautiful! Try the blueberry version here!
Are you excited to try out some of these sweet spring desserts? Which one do you want to make first? Leave a comment down below and let me know!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
🌸 More Spring Dessert Recipes
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes - Vanilla cupcakes are a year-round treat that is great for any occasion or celebration!
- Mary Berry Chocolate Cupcakes - These rich and indulgent chocolate cupcakes are topped with chocolate frosting for a super decadent dessert!
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread - This variety of shortbread features orange and cranberry for a fruity and citrus-packed cookie!
- Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts - You can easily enjoy these refreshing donuts as breakfast or dessert!
- Sugar Cookie Cherry Cobbler - Enjoy the flavors of both sugar cookies and cherry cobbler in this incredibly simple recipe!
- Mandarin Orange Cake - This fluffy cake is packed with the flavor of mandarin oranges!
Spring Desserts: Blueberry Tart (+More Springtime Treats!)
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- In a mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter until softened, then add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Gradually incorporate the beaten egg, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.½ cup unsalted butter, ¼ cup sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Add the flour and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated and you are left with a loose, crumbly texture. Form the crumbly mixture into a ball and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap then flatten it into a disc shape.1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Chill the wrapped dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10-20 minutes (just until the dough is firm). Once firm, grease an 8-9" tart pan.
- Now, you may either roll out the dough before transferring it to the tart pan, or place it in the pan and use your fingers to spread it evenly across the bottom and up the sides. Trim any excess dough that extends past the pan and use a fork to prick or "dock" the pastry crust all over the bottom. (*See note)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and place a baking sheet inside. As it preheats, pop the crust into the freezer for 15 minutes to set. After 15 minutes, cut a sheet of parchment paper or foil that is slightly larger than your tart crust, place it in the center with the edges extending past the crust for easy removal.
- Fill your lined tart crust with pie weights to prevent it from puffing up as it bakes. Then, place your prepared crust on the preheated baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment paper or foil. Do not turn off the oven.
Make Blueberry Tart
- Once the crust is ready, mix the blueberry filling (*see note) with 1 cup of the fresh berries then transfer into the par-baked tart shell.2 cups blueberry pie filling, 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Place the blueberry tart back on the baking sheet and bake it on the center rack at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Once done, remove the tart from the oven and top it with the remaining 1 cup portion of fresh berries. Allow the blueberry tart to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before removing it from the tart pan to serve.
- Alternatively, you can fill the tart completely with blueberry pie filling.
- You can also use frozen berries or frozen wild blueberries to make our homemade blueberry pie filling.
- Pricking the crust with a fork helps to leave space for filling as it bakes and puffs up.
- Keep the blueberry tart stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!