We’re on a roll with our quick and easy dinners, and this Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak (with mushrooms and gravy) is a super crock pot version of a classic dish!!
Dished up with your favorite veggies on the side and some mashed potatoes, and you would never think this was a slow cooker dinner!
The salisbury steaks are juicy, tender and very tasty and the mushrooms are gravy top it off perfectly! You’ll love the way the whole family cleans the plate 🙂
This is one of those slow cooker meals that requires a few minutes of searing your seasoned ground beef hamburger patties off before adding everything into the slow cooker, so keep that in mind when meal planning.
Once everything is in the slow cooker, you can heat on high and have dinner ready in a few hours. Or set your slow cooker to low heat for a longer cook time (depending on your time needs).
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak (with mushrooms and gravy)
- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (plain)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh, chopped)
- In a medium bowl, combine the lean ground beef with plain bread crumbs, dry onion soup mix, large egg, and milk. Divide into eight portions and form your patties. Place patties on a baking dish or plate and season with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, and melt butter. Add patties to the heated skillet or frying pan (seasoned side down) and season the upward facing side of your patties, then dust with flour. Brown both sides of the patties and remove from heat.
- In your slow cooker, combine the can of condensed cream of chicken soup, worcestershire sauce, au jus gravy mix, and beef broth, Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Place the browned patties into your slow cooker (about two layers) so that they are covered with the sauce. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped parsley.
- Cook in your slow cooker on high for two hours or on the low setting for four hours (or until well done).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!