These Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds are super quick and incredibly easy to make! They're wonderfully tasty and a healthy option as a snack or vegetable side dish! Serve with ranch dressing or marinara sauce for the perfect game day appetizer, too!
Try my breaded crispy zucchini fries for another great baked zucchini snack!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds Recipe
If you love zucchini, or have an abundance growing in your garden, then you're probably like me and always looking for more zucchini recipes! These delicious baked zucchini rounds ( also called zucchini crisps or zucchini chips, if baked longer until crisp ) are a fantastic way to get everyone to enjoy eating some zucchini!
You only need two ingredients to make this addictive Parmesan zucchini snack that's super healthy and low carb! I always love making a delicious side or appetizer that the whole family loves, and believe me, these don't last long!
How To Make Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
Preheat your oven to 425 ºF ( 220 ºC ) and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper, a silpat mat, or aluminum foil that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. *For crispier baked Parmesan zucchini rounds, leave your baking sheet unlined.
Wash and trim the ends off of each of your zucchinis, then thin slice so that each slice is approximately ¼ inch in thickness. You want the slices as evenly sliced as possible, for best results when cooking, so that each zucchini round is evenly cooked.
To evenly slice your zucchini, you can use a mandoline slicer, a food processor, or a hand held slicer. The hand held slicer is basically a cheese grater with the slot to slice your cheese ( but it works great with soft veggies too! ).
Once your zucchini has been sliced, arrange it on your prepared baking sheet in a single layer with some spacing between each slice. Sprinkle with seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
Add grated Parmesan cheese to each zucchini round. Either using a spoon to portion the cheese, or your fingertips to pinch a portion onto each zucchini slice. Spread the grated Parmesan to the edges of your zucchini slices.
Panko bread crumbs can also be added for extra crunchiness. Use a smaller portion of bread crumbs to Parmesan cheese, a ⅛ cup bread crumb and then finish filling your ½ cup with the grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake in the middle of your center rack in the oven at 425 ºF ( 220 ºC ) for 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden browned on the top of each zucchini crisp.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- 3 medium zucchini (washed and sliced thin)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- garlic salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F ( 220 degrees C ) and line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper, a silpat mat, or use aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. *For a crispier zucchini round, bake the zucchini directly on your baking sheet.
- Wash and trim the ends off of each of the zucchini. Then slice your zucchini into evenly cut slices so that they cook at about the same rate. Use a mandoline, food processor, or hand held slicer to cut your slices approximately ¼ inch in thickness.
- Spread the cut zucchini slices on your prepared baking sheet(s) so that there is some spacing between each slice. Sprinkle with the seasoning: garlic salt and pepper.
- Grate your Parmesan cheese and spoon or sprinkle it over your seasoned zucchini rounds. Use a spoon to portion a bit of the grated Parmesan into the center of the zucchini slice and then push the cheese toward the edges. Or use your fingers to pinch portions of the grated Parmesan cheese and spread onto each zucchini slice.
- Bake the zucchini in the middle of your center rack of the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven when done and serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!