Our super quick and easy Skillet Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are caramelized in their glaze with the added hint of garlic from the whole cloves, for a tasty sweet and savory flavor! This family approved vegetable side dish takes just 15 minutes, start to finish, so it's on the table for dinner in no time at all.
Skillet Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots Recipe
Whether our skillet carrots are part of a weeknight dinner or part of a holiday dinner, they are always a favorite and there are never any leftovers! I do pretty much expect that my carrots will disappear quickly, as carrots are a household favorite vegetable!
Of course, you can use any skillet you have on hand. However, we love the added flavor that comes from the magical way that cast iron skillets brown the carrots ( or meats, buttery dutch babies, or whatever you cook in them ).
Another wonderful plus when using cast iron skillets, is that you can pan-sear your carrots as I have here - or make an oven-roasted version, in the same dish.
With relatively few ingredients, the buttery brown sugar flavor really stands out on these carrots! And whether your oven is already in use (with say, a Thanksgiving turkey taking up all the room) or you're just looking to save time on roasting, you will be impressed with the like-roasted results.
The carrots turn out melt in your mouth tender, which is why these will instantly become one of your go-to dishes!
Our Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Dishes
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Parmesan Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- Classic Turkey Gravy
- Skillet Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots (this page)
Skillet Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 2 lb carrots (washed and cut into even size pieces)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled, whole)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoon butter (salted)
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- Bring your cast iron skillet to medium-high heat with the tablespoon of olive oil and whole or minced garlic. Once heated, add cut carrots and turn to coat all sides. Allow to cook for about 5 - 7 minutes without stirring, allowing sides to brown.
- Add the butter and brown sugar, stir to combine the brown sugar throughout the melted butter.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally while your glaze sauce forms.
- Remove from heat, transfer to your serving dish and sprinkle with parsley (optional garnish).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!