So easy and a hit with kids, at potlucks, and game days! This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is a quick dinner perfect for any night of the week! Absolutely creamy and cheesy shredded chicken thanks to the cream cheese, and wonderful flavors from the ranch and bacon!
Enjoy your crack chicken on a bun, in a wrap, over rice, as a dip, or add some extras to the leftovers and bake up a delicious casserole!
For ourselves, we usually stick with the small scale version of this recipe but it is so easy to scale the recipe up and make more (like something suitable of serving at a potluck).
Once this chicken starts cooking up in your crock pot, you’ll realize the addictive nature and why it’s called ‘crack chicken’ as the aroma is so mouth-watering!!
How To Make Crack Chicken In The Crockpot
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your slow cooker.
- Add 1 package of cream cheese and the ranch dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once done, use forks to shred the chicken, then stir in the bacon.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with chopped green onions or chives when serving (optional).
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 - 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 4 strips bacon (diced, cooked)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- green onions or chives (chopped, optional)
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add 1 package of cream cheese and the ranch dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. Once done, use forks to shred the chicken, then stir in the bacon. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Top with chopped green onions or chives when serving (optional).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!