This Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is an absolutely creamy and cheesy shredded chicken bacon ranch that's perfect for sandwiches, dips, potlucks, and so much more! Whether you're feeding your family or a crowd, this crockpot chicken is super easy and totally addictive!
Crack Chicken Recipe
Everyone has their go-to quick and/or easy recipes and this is one of my daughter's favorites! Lauren had quite a few great choices to pick from last weekend, and ended up requesting this tasty crack chicken for dinner! That's no surprise to me as these sandwiches were thoroughly enjoyed by all!
I usually stick with the serving size version of this recipe as posted below for my family. It's also super easy to scale the recipe up for serving to a crowd or taking with you to potlucks and gatherings!
Once this chicken starts cooking up in your crockpot, you'll realize the addictive nature and why it's called 'crack chicken' as the aroma is so mouth-watering!! The flavorful combination of chicken, bacon, ranch, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese is all sorts of creamy, cheesy goodness! No wonder it's incredibly difficult to be patient with that fantastic smell in the house!
How To Make Crockpot Crack Chicken
Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs in your slow cooker and add one 8 ounce package of cream cheese and the packet of ranch dressing mix. Turn the slow cooker on to low heat for 6 - 7 hours, and do not open the lid once it has started.
The crack chicken can be cooked on high heat for about 4 - 6 hours, which is what I usually opt for. Cook it in a hurry is what everyone in the house will tell me!
Once the chicken is cooked, use forks to shred the chicken directly in your slow cooker. Stir the shredded chicken into the cream cheese and ranch sauce. *Call me crazy, but I love to add some of the bacon grease to my crack chicken. I know it's super fatty, but it's also super tasty!!
Top the shredded chicken with grated cheddar cheese and the cooked, cut bacon. Place the cover back onto your slow cooker and let the cheese melt for about 10 minutes.
Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. *I find that the crack chicken is salty enough, but I do love to stir in some freshly ground pepper before serving!
Top with chopped green onions or chives when serving ( optional ). You can serve your slow cooker crack chicken over a bed of steamed rice, a baked potato, mashed potatoes, or on a hamburger bun like these toasted brioche buns seen here.
Other great ways to enjoy this easy crack chicken are: as a dip with chips, crackers, or bread chunks, on leaf lettuce or cabbage leaves for keto, as a wrap in a flour tortilla, or as an open-faced sandwich!
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless chicken breasts - or thighs)
- 8 oz cream cheese (one 8 ounce package)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (one-ounce packet of ranch dressing or dip, both will work)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 strips bacon (diced, cooked)
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- green onions or chives (chopped, optional)
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add 1 package of cream cheese and the ranch dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours. Leave the slow cooker cover on and in place until the chicken is done cooking.
- Once done, use forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker pot, then stir the chicken into the cream cheese sauce. Top with grated cheese and the cooked bacon. Cover and allow the cheese to melt for an additional 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired. Top with chopped green onions or chives when serving (optional).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!