It was one of those days...when you are craving a sandwich, and not just any sandwich, but the perfect Chicken Club Sandwich! The layers of fresh toppings in this Chicken Club Sandwich top off the pan seared chicken breast and bacon so wonderfully, truly a hearty and satisfying sandwich!
To make this sandwich, start with frying up your bacon pieces in a small skillet or frying pan. Cook both sides then set on a paper towel to drain off the excess fat. Set aside until ready to assemble the club sandwich. In the same skillet (use the bacon grease instead of the olive oil, if desired) bring olive oil to medium high heat and sear the chicken breast.
I like to cut my chicken pieces before grilling or pan frying them as they will cook faster, but they are still large enough that I can cut across on the diagonal for bite size strips in the sandwich.
Wash and prep all of your toppings. Toast the bread and spread mayonnaise on one side of two of the slices, and both sides of the third (center) slice of bread.
To assemble the sandwich, start with the first piece of bread and add bacon, red onion, and green leaf lettuce. Place the center piece of bread on the stack, then add avocado, tomato, and chicken. Top it off with the last piece of bread and place either one or two long skewers through your chicken club sandwich.
I normally use two skewers, one on each half of the sandwich to hold it in place when I cut it into halves.
*Add cheese slices of your favorite variety anywhere in the stacked Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich!
Other Sandwiches And Sides You Might Want to Try
Chicken Club Sandwich
- 2-3 slices bacon
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast (boneless, skinless or 3-4 tenders)
- 1 pinch each, salt & pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- 3 bread slices
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3-4 slices red onion
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 3-4 slices tomato
- 3-4 slices avocado
- In a small skillet or frying pan, cook bacon strips on medium high heat until crispy. Turn and cook both sides, then remove from skillet or pan and set on paper towel to drain excess fat and allow to cool for assembling the club sandwich.
- In a small to medium sized skillet or frying pan, bring olive oil to medium high heat and pan sear the chicken breast (either pre-cut chicken tenders, cut into strips yourself, or cook a whole chicken breast and cut once done). Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika. When cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside for assembling the sandwich (cut the chicken pieces into strips, if needed).
- While the chicken is cooking, toast the bread pieces and spread mayonnaise on one side of two pieces and both sides of what will be the center piece of bread. Stack the sandwich beginning with the first piece of toasted bread, add bacon, red onion, and lettuce.
- Place the center piece of bread on the stacked sandwich, then add avocado, tomato, and chicken. Top it off with the last piece of bread and hold the sandwich in place with either one or two long skewers.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!