Here's what to serve with scrambled eggs so that you can easily whip up a delicious, well-rounded breakfast any day of the week! This list has over 15 ideas to complement your eggs. Pick one out and enjoy your breakfast!
Perfect Pairings For Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs are an easy main dish that is hearty and packed full of protein. They are easy to make and can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! There is no wrong time to make scrambled eggs!
You may be tired of only eating scrambled eggs by themselves and want to spruce up your meal with something extra, if that is the case then we have you covered! Below we put together an amazing list of the best dishes to serve with fluffy and delicious scrambled eggs.
- Perfect Pairings For Scrambled Eggs
- 1. Air Fryer Frozen Sausage Links
- 2. Bisquick Biscuits
- 3. Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
- 4. Microwave Bacon
- 5. Polenta
- 6. Bisquick Waffles
- 7. Homemade Hash Browns
- 8. Duck Fat Fried Potatoes
- 10. Chicken Fried Cube Steak
- 11. Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 12. Dutch Baby Pancakes
- 13. Potatoes O'Brien
- 14. Fried Potatoes and Onions
- 15. Sourdough French Toast
- 16. Country Gravy
- 😋 More 'What To Serve' Collections:
- 📖 Recipe Card
- What To Serve With Scrambled Eggs: Homemade Hash Browns (+Other Great Ideas!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
1. Air Fryer Frozen Sausage Links
Air fryer frozen sausage links are the perfect match for scrambled eggs. The air fryer allows the sausage links to stay juicy on the inside while making the outside crisp.
2. Bisquick Biscuits
Bisquick biscuits are fluffy and delicious. They are perfect with scrambled eggs because you can eat them as a sandwich with a little mayo and cheese, or keep them separate if you don't like mixing food!
3. Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole is one of my favorite sides to pair with scrambled eggs. This is what I call a 'carbalicious' pairing that turns your scrambled eggs into a full-course meal!
4. Microwave Bacon
I used to make microwave bacon almost daily when I was younger! It's such a simple way to add meat to your scrambled eggs and it is bacon! You can never go wrong with bacon, right?
Polenta is a unique dish that is great with scrambled eggs. This cornmeal dish is thick and very versatile! Serve it in a bowl or slice it and serve it with a dash of Parmesan cheese.
6. Bisquick Waffles
Bisquick waffles are the best waffles! They are fluffy and taste like perfection, plus they are completely customizable! Pair Bisquick waffles with your scrambled eggs for a complete meal any time of the day!
7. Homemade Hash Browns
Homemade hash browns are crispy and are the perfect match for scrambled eggs! The softness of the eggs and the crunchiness of the hash browns create the perfect texture balance.
8. Duck Fat Fried Potatoes
I love making duck-fat fried potatoes with a giant serving of hot scrambled eggs! The duck fat allows the potatoes to get a golden and crispy outer edge while staying soft on the inside.
These fried potatoes will soon be your favorite recipe to make any day of the week!
10. Chicken Fried Cube Steak
Chicken fried cube steak is a southern dish that goes great with scrambled eggs. The cube steak has a perfect crunchy outer layer that adds texture and flavor!
Chicken fried cube steak is great in the morning, afternoon, or evening!
11. Sheet Pan Pancakes
Sheet pan pancakes will be your go-to recipe after you try them! Not only are they fluffy and delicious, but they are a great dish to serve with moist and yummy scrambled eggs!
12. Dutch Baby Pancakes
Dutch baby pancakes are a German favorite of mine! These pancakes are full of flavors such as cinnamon and nutmeg, which make them bold and warm.
These pancakes are great by themselves but are even better with a hearty scoop of scrambled eggs!
13. Potatoes O'Brien
Next time you need a side dish to go with your scrambled eggs, try our potatoes O'Brien recipe! These potatoes have a little bit of everything with the added onion and bell peppers.
These potatoes will turn your scrambled eggs from regular to spectacular!
14. Fried Potatoes and Onions
Fried potatoes and onions are a dish I make at least once a week!
These potatoes are extremely versatile and are great with scrambled eggs. Add in your favorite seasonings, vegetables, or meats to enhance this recipe even further!
15. Sourdough French Toast
Want a new way to eat French toast? Then you must try our sourdough French toast recipe! This French toast is tangy with an incredible amount of rich flavors.
Add this sourdough French toast to your next meal with scrambled eggs!
16. Country Gravy
Country gravy is a definite must-have in my household! Not only do I love this creamy country gravy with toast, biscuits, and fried chicken, but it is a must-have smothered on top of a big plate of scrambled eggs!
Scrambled eggs are eaten every day by people all over the world, it is a very common dish that most people love. With these amazing recipes, you can have a new way to eat scrambled eggs each and every day! Let us know in the comments below which pairing you enjoy the most!
😋 More 'What To Serve' Collections:
- What To Serve With Pigs In A Blanket - Here's a tasty collection of 15 ideas for a tasty breakfast!
- What To Serve With Grilled Cheese - For a quick and easy lunch, check out this collection of sides for grilled cheese!
- What To Serve With Biscuits - Biscuits are another breakfast staple! Check out all of these tasty pairings!
- What To Serve With Burgers - Burgers go great with more than just french fries!
- What To Serve With Mac & Cheese - You can't go wrong with a comforting bowl of mac & cheese! Here are some dishes that go great with it!
- What To Serve With Quiche - Quiche is perfect for breakfast or lunch, so here are some great side dish options!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
What To Serve With Scrambled Eggs: Homemade Hash Browns (+Other Great Ideas!)
- 4 medium russet potatoes (or potato of your choice)
- ¼ cup olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
- ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper ( or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh or dried chives (optional)
- ½ cup sharp cheddar (optional - grated)
- Peel and grate your fresh, raw, russet potatoes and place the grated potatoes in a medium-sized mixing bowl filled halfway with cold water. Once all of the potatoes are grated, squeeze the excess liquid and starch from the grated potatoes and place them onto paper towels. Continue until you have squeezed the water and starch from all of your grated potatoes.
- Pat the grated potatoes dry before frying them.
- Preheat a large frying pan or skillet with the olive oil to medium to medium-high heat. The oil should begin to shimmer when heated fully. Portion hash browns into serving size patties (if desired) or place into an oiled, heated frying pan. Add the salt, pepper, and dried chives for seasoning.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and flip hash browns over. They should be nicely cooked and golden brown. Top with the optional cheese, if desired, and cook uncovered for approximately 5-7minutes. Your potatoes should be nice and crispy.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!