These New Year's Eve appetizers are perfect for countdown parties and will keep the crowd happy until midnight! You can watch the ball drop as you chow down on some of these easy finger foods and stunning starters! With food this good, don't be surprised when your friends and family want you to host the New Year's party every year!
- Best New Year's Eve 2024 Appetizers & Party Foods
- 1. Oyster Shooters
- 2. Ham Salad
- 3. Prime Rib Taquitos
- 4. Calamari
- 5. Pretzel Bites
- 6. Pinwheel Sandwiches
- 7. Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- 8. Jalapeno Cheddar Scones
- 9. Oysters Rockefeller
- 10. Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 11. Baked Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 12. Pretzels
- 13. Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
- 14. Cheese Rolls
- 15. Antipasto Skewers
- 16. Thai Spring Rolls
- 17. Rotel Dip
- 18. Air Fryer Pickles
- 19. Irish Nachos
- 20. Cheese and Bacon Turnovers
- 21. Antipasto Platter
- 22. Grilled Pork Belly
- 23. Sausage Cream Cheese Biscuit Bites
- 24. Guacamole
- 25. Pickle Roll-Ups
- 💭 Tips For Choosing The Best New Year's Eve Appetizers
- 📖 Recipe Card
- New Years Eve Appetizers (25+ New Years Eve Recipes For Parties!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
You can also check out my list of easy party appetizers for more crowd-pleasing finger food recipes!
Best New Year's Eve 2024 Appetizers & Party Foods
Easy appetizers or finger foods are the way to go when it comes to party food. Especially on New Year's Eve when everyone's up late and hungry (and champagne only makes people hungrier)!
Set up an epic spread of chips, dips, and other small bites to keep the party going until the clock strikes midnight! Good company, good music, and a few good cocktails are the only other things you'll need!
1. Oyster Shooters
All the seafood goodness of raw oysters on the half shell with lemon and cocktail sauce in a convenient shot glass for easy serving. Add vodka to those oyster shooters to ring the New Year in with a bang!
2. Ham Salad
Ham salad is a classic party appetizer, blending finely chopped ham's rich and savory flavors with a creamy mayonnaise dressing. Serve it on top of crackers or as a filling for mini sandwiches!
3. Prime Rib Taquitos
Elevate your New Year's Eve celebration by frying up some golden and crispy taquitos with your leftover Christmas prime rib roast! Elevate the festivities as tender prime rib slices are rolled into tortillas, crisped to perfection, and served with zesty dipping sauces, creating a delectable and indulgent appetizer that will leave your guests craving more.
Seafood appetizers always add an air of elegance to any get-together, making them perfect for New Year's! Crispy fried calamari and marinara sauce for dipping is always a crowd favorite.
5. Pretzel Bites
All the goodness of a fluffy jumbo pretzel in easy and convenient bite-sized pieces. These pretzel balls are great for dipping in anything from queso to ketchup and mustard!
6. Pinwheel Sandwiches
Pinwheel sandwiches are easy to make in bulk, and the filling is completely customizable! I listed 4 different varieties that have been reader favorites here on the page, including club sandwich, Italian, and tuna!
7. Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
This buffalo chicken dip is one of those appetizers that will quickly become your 'thing' that everyone asks you to bring to potlucks and parties. It's hard to put down, with the perfect blend of creaminess, zest, and richness!
8. Jalapeno Cheddar Scones
Savory scones with the classic combination of cheddar cheese and jalapenos. These tender triangles of cheesy goodness are filling and surprisingly easy to make!
>>>>See all of my recipes here<<<<
9. Oysters Rockefeller
Any New Year's Eve party with oysters Rockefeller on the menu is already a success in my book. The raw oysters are topped with a creamy spinach mixture and breadcrumbs before being baked to golden perfection.
10. Grape Jelly Meatballs
If you're looking for an easy and delicious appetizer that practically makes itself, these crockpot jelly meatballs fit the bill! Only a handful of ingredients result in a sweet and savory masterpiece! Skewer the cocktail meatballs with toothpicks for easy serving.
11. Baked Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach artichoke dip is a classic chip dip recipe that is a must-have at parties. Served with tortilla chips, no one can resist returning for another scoop!
13. Cream Cheese Salsa Dip
The richness of cream cheese meets the zesty flavor of red salsa in this super simple chip dip recipe! You can whip it up in minutes using your favorite jarred salsa and refrigerate until needed.
14. Cheese Rolls
What's not to love about fluffy bread covered in melted cheese? Kids and adults will chow down on these cheesy yeast rolls, but luckily, it's easy to make two batches!
15. Antipasto Skewers
Antipasto skewers are great New Year's Eve appetizers because you can customize them to what's available, and they're easy to carry. Any combination of Italian cured meats, cheeses, olives, and marinated veggies on a stick will keep the people happy!
16. Thai Spring Rolls
These Thai spring rolls are super crispy with a savory filling of crunchy veggies, pork, and shrimp. It's a better-than-takeout recipe all your guests will ask for!
17. Rotel Dip
It doesn't get easier than this 4-ingredient Rotel dip, and the results are delicious! Grab some potato or tortilla chips, veggie sticks, or crackers, and enjoy!
18. Air Fryer Pickles
19. Irish Nachos
It's New Year's Eve, so ditch the standard (yet still delicious) loaded nachos for these Irish potato nachos! Thinly sliced potatoes are baked until tender with all the traditional nacho toppings!
20. Cheese and Bacon Turnovers
A delightful combination of gooey melted cheddar cheese and crispy bacon wrapped in flaky pastry!
21. Antipasto Platter
An artfully arranged assortment of cured meats, cheeses, olives, and marinated vegetables on a serving platter goes a long way!
22. Grilled Pork Belly
Impress your guests with succulent and flavorful bites of grilled pork belly! Its crispy exterior and buttery inside make for an indulgent appetizer that truly feels special.
23. Sausage Cream Cheese Biscuit Bites
A perfect blend of savory sausage and creamy cream cheese nestled in a flaky, buttery biscuit.
My go-to recipe for classic guacamole never disappoints at a party. Chips, veggie sticks, sandwiches, and taquitos all taste better with a little guac.
25. Pickle Roll-Ups
Cream cheese, deli meat, and pickles in one delectable, perfect bite! It's hard to beat a 3-ingredient appetizer when it tastes this good!
💭 Tips For Choosing The Best New Year's Eve Appetizers
Lots of little bites are always the best game plan when choosing your New Year's Eve party menu. Here are a few more tips to streamline your party planning process:
- Diverse Selection: Opt for various appetizers to cater to different tastes and dietary preferences. Include options for meat lovers, vegetarians, and any dietary restrictions.
- Finger-Friendly: Choose appetizers that are easy to eat with your fingers. Your guests may prefer not to use utensils during a lively New Year's Eve party.
- Make-Ahead Options: Choose appetizers that can be prepared in advance so you can enjoy the festivities without being stuck in the kitchen. This ensures a stress-free hosting experience!
- Balance Flavors and Textures: Create a well-rounded appetizer menu by incorporating a balance of flavors (sweet, savory, spicy) and textures (crispy, creamy, crunchy).
- Cater to All Ages: If your New Year's Eve gathering includes guests of all ages, choose appetizers appealing to adults and children. Mini sliders and bite-sized treats are often a hit with everyone.
Which appetizer are you most excited to try on New Year's Eve? Share your top pick in the comments below, and let the countdown begin!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
New Years Eve Appetizers (25+ New Years Eve Recipes For Parties!)
- Pulse the cooked, cubed 1 lb ham in a food processor to reach a broken-down texture (but not too much as the ham will turn to a gummy paste).
- Transfer the chopped ham into a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients (chopped 1 cup celery, ½ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup dill pickle, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and ground black pepper). Stir until evenly distributed and you have a smooth ham salad mixture. Add more mayonnaise for a creamier consistency if desired.
- Cover and chill before serving, then enjoy with some crackers or as a ham salad sandwich.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!