These delicious and crispy Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are incredibly easy to make in your air fryer in just minutes! Serve your air fried chips up nice and warm and see how delighted your whole family will be!
Perfectly Crispy Tortilla Chips Every Time (+ Flavor Options!)
Whether for snack time, an appetizer to share, or for any time of day when you are in the mood for comfort food, my amazing air fryer tortilla chips are easy to make and tons of fun to munch on. If you are a fan of tortilla chips, you will find that when made at home in the air fryer, they are super crispy, never greasy, and deliciously addictive.
This recipe for air fryer tortilla chips takes only 15 minutes to make, so there is no excuse for running out to the convenience or grocery store to pick up a bag of pre-packaged tortilla chips when you can make them fresh. The quality is so much better!
Once you try them, you will surely want to make extras. They’re irresistible!
What You'll Need
Only three simple ingredients go into this chip recipe; what could be easier? The recipe makes about three generous servings, so adjust the recipe if you desire to make more.
- Tortillas - Either white or yellow corn tortillas, or you can use flour tortillas. I prefer corn tortillas for extra flavor and texture, but the flour tortillas come out great as well.
- Olive Oil – For the air fryer to work its magic. It's not necessary, but it always turns out the best chips for me!
- Salt – Season with salt to taste - but remember that you are likely going to be dipping into something that is already seasoned.
How to Make Tortilla Chips in Your Air Fryer
Prepping these air fryer tortilla chips is a cinch. They are my go-to snack for nearly any occasion. I enjoy them so much more than greasy potato chips or boring pretzels.
The fact that they are warm and toasty makes these chips a clear winner come snack time. What did I do before I had my air fryer?
- Stack your corn (or flour) tortillas and slice them into even-sized triangles to make the chips, either 6 or 8 triangle pieces per tortilla. Lightly spritz or brush olive oil onto both sides.
- Place the coated tortilla triangles into your air fryer basket or onto the trays in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Try to keep them from overlapping. You can always throw in another batch if your air fryer gets too crowded.
- Air fry at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 3 minutes, then flip your chips over to the other side and add a little more salt if desired. Continue air frying for an additional 2-4 minutes or until nice and crispy and lightly browned. Keep an eye as to not overcook, or else they’ll be burnt and brittle.
- Remove the tortilla chips from the air fryer and transfer them to a clean plate. Allow the tortilla chips to cool slightly as they will continue to crisp up while sitting. Repeat with additional batches as needed.
Air Fryer Tips: When using your air fryer, remember not to use an aerosolized cooking spray directly on the machine. Instead, use a pump spray or brush the oil directly onto the machine or food as directed in the recipe.
Also, your make and model of air fryer may differ from the one I use at home, so while you should follow my instructions below, keep an eye on your food as it cooks, as always.
Storing Air Fried Chips
You can store any leftovers in a sealed plastic bag for up to a week and they’ll stay fresh. If desired, heat them in your air fryer at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 2-3 minutes before serving stored chips.
I prefer these tortilla chips straight from the air fryer, but if you get too full, save some for another day!
Flavors to Try
Here are a few of my families fave flavors on our homemade tortilla chips. Simply combine and brush onto your chips before cooking in the air fryer. Yummy!
Cinnamon Sugar - combine ¼ cup sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Coat the chips with oil then sprinkle or dip into a plate with the mixed sugar and cinnamon.
Salt & Vinegar - combine ½ tablespoon white vinegar with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat your chips. Brush onto the tortillas, then sprinkle with salt.
Chipotle Lime - combine ½ tablespoon of lime juice with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat your chips and ½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder. Mix and brush onto tortillas then sprinkle with salt.
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 6 small corn tortillas (white or yellow corn tortillas, or flour tortillas)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or olive oil spritz spray)
- salt (to taste)
- Stack your tortillas and slice them into triangles, either 6 or 8 pieces per tortilla. Lightly spray or brush olive oil onto both sides.
- Place the coated tortilla triangles into your air fryer basket or onto trays in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Cook at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 3 minutes, then flip your chips and add more salt if desired. Continue cooking for an additional 2-4 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove from the air fryer and transfer to a clean plate. Allow the tortilla chips to cool slightly as they will continue to crisp up while sitting. Repeat with additional batches as needed.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!