These Thanksgiving breakfast recipes are a great way to keep your appetite on hold before it's time to sit down for the big meal. This list features effortless quick breakfasts, casseroles for feeding the whole family, and so much more! Eating a good breakfast is important because it's hard to cook Thanksgiving dinner on an empty stomach!
Thanksgiving Breakfast Ideas
Thanksgiving morning is often overlooked because everyone is holding out for the epic feast that's coming up later. Well, there's no reason to starve until dinnertime (even if you're doing all of the holiday cooking)!
These Thanksgiving breakfast recipes are stress-free and will keep you satisfied until it's time for turkey. Even if you have family in town, you can have a tasty breakfast for everyone on the table in no time!
- Thanksgiving Breakfast Ideas
- Breakfast Recipes For Thanksgiving Morning
- 1. Baked Eggs
- 2. Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
- 3. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- 4. Air Fryer Bacon
- 5. Apple Cider Baked Donuts
- 6. Potatoes O'Brien
- 7. Microwave Omelet
- 8. Waffles
- 9. Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 10. Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 11. Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 12. Omelet Roll
- 13. Avocado Egg Bake
- 14. Ham Egg Cups
- 15. Fried Bologna and Egg Sandwich
- 16. Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs
- 17. Strawberry Buttermilk Crepes
- 🦃 Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas
- 📖 Recipe Card
- Thanksgiving Breakfast Recipes: Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole (+More Tasty Ideas!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
Breakfast Recipes For Thanksgiving Morning
Thanksgiving morning breakfast recipes are all about ease and the ability to feed a lot of people stress-free. Some of these recipes are more involved than others.
If you think you will have a particularly hectic holiday, just pick what suits your needs!
Whether you're a pro at hosting Thanksgiving dinner and holiday parties or giving it a try for the first time this year, you're sure to find my ultimate guide to planning Thanksgiving a help! Don't forget to safely thaw your holiday turkey early, too!
1. Baked Eggs
You can make eggs with perfectly set whites and creamy yolks in no time by baking them! This recipe can easily be scaled up to feed any number of people. All you need is eggs, olive oil, and some salt & pepper!
2. Apple Pie French Toast Casserole
This casserole combines the flavors we all know and love from homemade apple pie and cinnamon French toast and turns it into one unforgettable breakfast. You can do most of the prep the evening before so that morning you just combine and bake!
3. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
If you are serving breakfast to a crowd, this hashbrown casserole is the ultimate side dish. It's hearty and cheesy, plus it takes little-to-no prep time.
4. Air Fryer Bacon
Bust out your air fryer and whip up a batch of perfectly crispy bacon in minutes! No popping grease and no mess.
5. Apple Cider Baked Donuts
These baked donuts are ready to eat in just 35 minutes. Not to mention, they are full of spiced apple flavor and coated in sweet cinnamon sugar!
6. Potatoes O'Brien
Crispy skillet potatoes are a breakfast comfort food classic and you'll love this version with bell peppers and onions! You can dice the vegetables the night before to save some time in the kitchen.
7. Microwave Omelet
A microwave omelet can be just as fluffy and delicious as one made on the stovetop. From start to finish, it only takes 7 minutes (and you don't have to tell anyone how you made it).
Whip up a batch of fluffy, homemade waffles in just 25 minutes! Then you can serve them as part of a spread with all of your favorite waffle toppings for everyone to choose from.
9. Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
This casserole has all the elements of a well-rounded breakfast in one dish! Fluffy eggs, savory sausage, and melted cheddar cheese, what more could you ask for?
10. Apple Oatmeal Muffins
These apple oatmeal muffins are a nutritious and delicious way to start your Thanksgiving. You can make them the night before and they are easy to eat on the go!
11. Sheet Pan Pancakes
Instead of individual pancakes, try making one giant sliceable pancake for the whole family! It's just as fluffy as a traditional pancake and you don't have to flip it.
12. Omelet Roll
This omelet roll is filled with melted cheese and savory bits of ham. Instead of flipping and folding your omelet on the stove, you bake it and roll it into a jumbo omelet that can be sliced into 12 servings.
13. Avocado Egg Bake
If you prefer to keep it light for breakfast so you can indulge at dinnertime, avocado egg bakes are a great choice. Avocado becomes buttery smooth when baked and you can cook the eggs to your desired level of doneness!
14. Ham Egg Cups
With a muffin pan, ham, eggs, cheese, and some seasoning, you can make these 2-bite breakfast cups! It's as easy as layering the ingredients in the muffin tin and popping them in the oven.
15. Fried Bologna and Egg Sandwich
A quick breakfast sandwich will keep everyone happy and out of the kitchen while you start prepping for dinner. I make mine with fried bologna, a fried egg, and American cheese sandwiched between two toasted English muffins.
16. Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs
Adding a little sour cream to your scrambled eggs will change your scrambled egg game forever! This easy addition makes them so soft and creamy, you won't ever want them any other way.
17. Strawberry Buttermilk Crepes
Crepes are light and thin, so you don't overindulge before dinnertime. Add some fresh fruit and whipped cream and everyone will be sending their compliments to the chef.
🦃 Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes - There are so many different varieties of stuffing (or dressing) out there, so why not try them all?
- Thanksgiving Dinner Rolls & Breads Recipes - Impress your guests with some homemade rolls, biscuits, cornbread, or something more unique!
- Thanksgiving Potato Recipes - Try some of these irresistible potato recipes with your family this year!
- Thanksgiving Green Bean Recipes - Many versions of green bean casserole, sauteed green beans, green bean almondine, and more!
- Keto Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas - Pull off a low-carb Thanksgiving without it feeling like a low-carb Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Ham Dinner Menu Ideas - If your family prefers ham over turkey, these are the recipes that will complement your Thanksgiving ham!
Did you try some of my Thanksgiving breakfast recipes? Let me know how they turned out in the comment section below!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Thanksgiving Breakfast Recipes: Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole (+More Tasty Ideas!)
- 1 lb sausage (cooked, crumbled, drained)
- 8 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 20 oz hash browns (fresh or thawed)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated - reserve ½ cup for topping the casserole)
- ½ small yellow onion (optional, diced)
- ½ large red bell pepper (optional, diced)
- ½ large green bell pepper (optional, diced)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease or spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat then drain the fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, and seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder).
- Layer the hash browns, cooked sausage, optional ingredients (red or green bell peppers and/or onions) plus 1 ½ cups of grated cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture over the ingredients. Mix to combine if desired, then top with remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 55-60 minutes, or until the egg in the center is fully cooked. *Cooking times may be longer if you add additional ingredients, or your hash browns are not fully thawed.
- If choosing to add the optional onion, red bell pepper, and/or green bell pepper and you want them softened, saute with the sausage as it browns.
- Use the Simply Potatoes brand fresh hashbrowns that are sold in 20-ounce packages or frozen hashbrowns that are fully thawed.
- The hash browns amount can accommodate up to 2 pounds or 32-ounces of hash browns.
- Want to add more egg or sausage? Try 10 eggs or 2 pounds of sausage to feed more people!
- Use pork breakfast sausage sold in chubs - whichever flavor you enjoy most. The regular, sage, and hot flavors are all quite tasty.
- You can layer the ingredients and top with eggs, or mix everything together then transfer into your baking dish.
- The hash brown breakfast casserole can be refrigerated or frozen after assembly.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!